“Decent Place to Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of M-Star Norfolk Virginia Beach

You added M-Star Norfolk Virginia Beach to your Saves list
M-Star Norfolk Virginia Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7950 Shore Drive, Norfolk, VA 23518 (Formerly Days Inn Norfolk)   |
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Norfolk, Virginia
“Decent Place to Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks while looking for a flat and my things arriving (military). The room was large and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. I ran the a/c fan at night and didn't hear any other noises as others mentioned in their rating. It isn't brand new but it was not dirty and there was no smell. I work from home, so it was important to me to have a good internet hook up, which I did. Everyone at the front desk to the housekeeping were friendly and made sure you were taken care of. It was a safe place to stay and within walking distances of a grocery store, fast food places, and on a bus line. I would definitely stay here again. It is located a block from Gate 1 at Little Creek Base.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or room service. THey do serve breakfast in the morning, mostly coffee, cerea...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Clearly this place is shabby and run down. Stayed hear for 5 nights while visiting the area and found it to be a good value if you are willing to stay at a marginal place. Being only several miles from a Norfolk municipal beach it was convenient for a stroll or a swim in the bay. The management was responsive and very friendly. The room was clean, you could hear noise from other rooms though. The pool was overly chlorinated so less than enjoyable. This place was a good value as it was very inexpensive though I do not think I would stay here again unless the hotel was renovated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mstarnorfolkva, Webmaster at M-Star Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for your comments and your kind feedback about our staff. We do everything possible to make guest feel at home. In fact, we’re proud of this property -- although it could always be better, of course. I sincerely apologize if we fell short of exceeding your expectations in any way, but thanks for your multi-night stay. I hope you will stay with us again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Terrible! We did not listen to the reviews and we're lucky enough to find a much better hotel! Room was small, old and dirty. Also from what we learned a very bad neighborhood. Not close to the beach at all. I would never ever think about a room here ever. Stay away from the m star!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest

Thanks for your comments even though you indicate that you did not stay with us. Fortunately, we’re always working to improve this property and it has been updated and improved in many ways since these comments some months ago. Still, I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I hope you will try us again if ever in the area and see how we’re getting better every day.

Keysville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for the past few years for our family vacation. This past July was the worst and I will never stay there again!! We paid this place about $4000 to accommodate our family and it was terrible. Our first night we were woke up at 2 a.m. by the people next door fighting and I called the front desk and was told that they would take care of it, the second night the same thing, third night wasn't as bad but at 9 a.m. the next morning this couple was at it again. I was told that they would take care of it then told that they paid their money also there was nothing he could do. There was drug deals going on and men would just drive up and take the females there to the back in another room for about a hour. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone taking your family there. If you are interested in drugs and hookers then this is the place for you. The bathrooms were nasty like they never cleaned them. We stayed a week and I will say it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
mstarnorfolkva, Webmaster at M-Star Norfolk Virginia Beach, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the M Star Norfolk.

We appreciate you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your feedback.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during the stay.

We have implemented complete security measures and ensure that no anti social activity is going on.

We are addressing your observations related to the rooms. Each room is now individually checked and certified before checking in a new guest.

We hope you will give us a second chance to convince you with a better service.

Grand Rapids
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

When I read the reviews prior to staying here, I figured that for every bad review there was a good review so it really couldn't be that bad. Here was my experience:
Room: 1st room given was not even cleaned. 2nd room was dirty even though it was cleaned. Pubic hair in the bathroom, shower, & microwave. Carpets & furniture old & stained. There was a blood stain on the side of the mattress. The room smelled of smoke & straight up funk.
Location: Bad neighborhood. What appeared to be a hooker being questioned by police 1st night. What appeared to be vomit on the staircase the next day. Suspicious looking persons driving and walking around all day/night. Public areas littered and dirty. I was afraid to leave my car out and would not even let my children (9 & 13) walk to the office alone for ice.
Breakfast: Terrible. Toast, cereal, muffins, & bagels.
We asked for extra towels & were told we had to bring our others ones to the front desk before we could get more.
Hotel staff: Greet us fine, however, when we brought our issues to her attention she told us we could just cancel the reservation & go somewhere else. The only problem is that the entire city, including VA Beach was sold out.
Believe the other poor reviews posted on this site. This hotel is terrible, at best.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the M-Star, Norfolk VA to stay during your last visit to our area.

Our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

We have taken your review seriously and appropriate actions are being taken on each of your observations.

We are hiring a professional team to study and improve the hotel upkeep and hospitality.

Please make a note of the same.

Palm Harbor, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Sometime a cheapo room is not worth the cheapo price. I swatted 10 or so flies. carpets were filthy. AC would not adjust temperature... Freeze or cook were the only settings.
Not even a great location... Next time I'll pay the extra and stay at the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Try another Hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the M-Star, Norfolk and the review.

We are investigating the issue you have mentioned, but our apologies for the same however unlikely it may be.

We believe that’s only way to improve.

We are paying serious issues to the amenities and also pest control through a special agency.

You are again welcome to stay with us

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel and I must say I was impressed, the staff are friendly, great customer service.the rooms have been renovated and are spacious. I would recommend for people to stay. One particular staff made me enjoy my stay, checked on us and made us feel comfortable. The parking was great, the security was ok. Only one problem, the kids next door were noisy. The continental breakfast needs improvement. Overall stay was great

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to M-Star Norfolk Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!