“Incredible” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 54 things to do in Norfolk
Activities: Group tours/bus tour, Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest naval port in the United States that offers guided tours.
Norfolk, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I might be a little partial being a Navy wife but I love this base. I love seeing all of the ships lined up and the sun shining over them. I love it at Christmas when the ships have their Christmas lights up. The base as a whole is just a sight to see, that's for sure. It is hard not to get distracted while driving along the water; especially at sunrise and sunset.

Visited July 2013

Morganfield, Kentucky
13 attraction reviews
“Go Navy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Anyone in the area should visit and see what our Navy is doing to keep this country great. As a veteran, I strongly support our military, and urge others to visit here and see our men and women in action.

Visited December 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing sight to see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went to visit my brother who is stationed there and he gave me a tour of the base. If you are ever curious where your tax dollars go and want to see what they are spent on, then go here! Those rows of ships are a reminder of how great we really are! I dont hink its open to the general public, but can always call and ask.

Visited November 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
33 attraction reviews
“Tourists deserve better!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My Lady and I were born and reared in Norfolk thru high school. At 70, I’ve returned and retired in Norfolk, and she often visits from New York. The Navy and the Norfolk Naval Base have been an indelible part of our formative years. Perhaps it was just a bad day … but our bus tour with narration was just poorly done. Tourists deserve better!

Visited December 2013
Lake Mary, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“Navy Exchange”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I really enjoy thie NEX, it is so big! You will find everything. I always take the day to go shop then have lunch. The commissary is also huge and you can go grocery shopping also! Everything in on spot. Love prices most of all.

Visited October 2013