“You get A LOT for your money” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1387 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502   |
Ranked #3 of 39 hotels in Norfolk
San Antonio, Texas
“You get A LOT for your money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I've stayed in all kinds of hotels and this one is a great deal. La Quinta Inns are always hit or miss. Some locations are nice, some are okay, and some are bad. I've stayed in several La Quinta Inns and this one is BY FAR the best. It's only a couple of years old, so I suppose that helps. I would actually compare this hotel to some other hotels that cost double. It's no Ritz Carlton, but it is a wonderful value. The room was clean, modern, and the decor tasteful. It wasn't a huge room, but cozy for my husband and I. There was a nice sized flat screen TV, VERY comfortable bed, arm chair, desk, mini fridge, and microwave. The continental breakfast wasn't a huge spread, but they did have waffles, pastries, cereal, and fruit... enough to fill you up. I was especially pleased with the staff. EVERYONE was friendly and accommodating. I was always greeting with a smile and asked if I needed anything. Michael worked the front desk in the evening and he was so nice! He was able to fulfill my odd request... I needed a flower vase and he found one for me. The hotel was very quiet when we were there. We never heard kids running around or any noise while in our room. The indoor heated pool and hot tub were wonderful! The workout room was well-equipped. I also liked the laundry room because we were there for 2 weeks and definitely had to wash a few loads. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is very nice, clean, clean smelling, friendly and trustworthy staff, lots of amenities, etc. Free wi-fi is definitely a plus. The last hotel I stayed in charged 10 bucks a day for wi-fi!

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

When it was stated as a free internet access it did not state there is only in one location and not in each room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Coventry, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

We have been staying at this hotel twice a year since it opened when we visit our children. We chose the hotel because of location and price initially. However, we stay at this hotel now because the staff is very friendly and accomodating. Service is excellent and value is extremly good. Our most recent visit was to visit family and attend our granddaughter's concert.

McLeod, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

By far the best of the best. Clean, quite, great location near the airport, rental cars and gas near rental turn in, good price, great roomn and OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

There are a number of hotels near there, I have stayed at a few others and none, not one, came close to this La Quinta.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

Staff made my stay there very pleasant. Front desk staff was especially helpful to both myself & my husband. The ease of no hassle checking in or out and prompt response to any request for additional towels, etc. was awesome. I'd recommend this hotel because it is not too big & the staff is helpful and smiled alot!

Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Have stayed at this hotel several times while waiting to fly out of Norfolk Airport. Most of my trips out are early am. The room is clean, bed is very comfortable. The room has a microwave, fridge and the indoor pool and hot tub are a great added touch! I wish my stays were longer to take advantage of the many amenities. Low price in good area close to everything! People at front desk are great - even at 4AM!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Belcamp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

The location was perfect for our visit and the hotel/room had all the amenities we required. The room was clean, bright and the bed very comfortable. The service at the front desk was friendly and very helpful with our inquiries for directions and business locations. The very best thing was a good nights sleep(comfortalbe bed) and clean room after a long trip. Like coming home! My spouse and I were a bit disappointed with the breakfast choices and service in that area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!