“Prompt service, clean room and even a recliner!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Prompt service, clean room and even a recliner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

After reading the mixed reviews a few months ago, I decided to give this a go because it had the best rate and was very close to the airport ($9 taxi ride). The hotel staff was prompt and nice, the room was clean. The sheets and bed were great. And I was most surprised by the awesome recliner in the room! Free wi-fi and breakfast were pluses. I didn't use the pool or the fitness room, but they looked nice (although on the small side). The only downside I had was that I could hear the neighboring room's TV while I was reading, but they had it off by bedtime. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
General_Manager6066, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Thank you for your great review. My staff and I are very happy that you had a great stay here at our location in Norfolk. Please come back and visit us again to enjoy our pool and fitness center!

Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Salzburg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We just stayed one night on our road trip from Florida to New York and it was a very relaxing stay. The rooms were clean and modern furnished (looked very upscale). We had a fridge and microwave in our room and a new flat screen TV. The staff was very friendly and the surrounding was very quiet (just a residental area behind the building).
The breakfast was good (they had three different coffee types to choose frome: Colombian, European and Decaf) and the breakfast area was very modern and clean.
Overal a perfect stay a this LQ. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
General_Manager6066, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Thank you for Staying at our LaQuinta in Norfolk and for your positive reviews.
We are very happy that you found everything to your satisfcation. We work hard everyday so we can provide a comfortable environment for our guests away from their home.
We look forward to you coming and visiting us again soon.
We hope it is soon!

Sincerely
Management.
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

After staying at a few other Laquintas, I was very hesitant about staying in another one with my 2 children. But decided to try it out. Boy, was I impressed. I couldn't have been happier! The gentleman at the desk was exceptional! The hotel lobby was very pretty, clean and updated. The room was more than we could have asked for. Very clean and also updated. Nice, but small, indoor pool. Average continental breakfast, but that is expected anywhere. Felt very safe. Traffic is alittle crazy, but we were there the busiest month of the year!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and I made a last minute reservation and Michael at the front desk was very accommodating in getting us a room. We brought our dog and the staff were welcoming to all of us! Our room was very clean and provided great amenities. The shower was powerful and we could actually adjust the nozzle on the shower head. Breakfast was provided in the morning and the exercise room and pool were amenities we wished we had time for. I would highly recommend visiting this hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
General_Manager6066, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2010
Thank you for your wonderful comments for our hotel. Our front desk staff is always happy to try and help accomodate our guest to our best of our abilities.
We look forward to your next visit with us.
virginia beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

staff was very friendley.our overnight stay exceeded my expectations.
i will definitely be back

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Moneta, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I cant imagine anyone giving this hotel a bad review. Room was very clean and I liked the design with the vanity area across from the bathroom. Washcloths should be in bathroom instead of vanity area, in case you forget one, like I did. Liked the small closet which contained an electronic safe. There was no fee added to the bill for the safe. The first hotel I have stayed in with a wide flat screen TV. Nice indoor pool and hottub.

Located on a very busy road, making a left hand turn from the hotel is nearly impossible. Easier just to drive down to next intersection and get turned around. Road noise in the room was not a problem though. In a commercial district and neighborhood behind the hotel seemed safe enough. Never worried about my car or safety.

Heaviest item for breakfast was a waffle or boiled egg. Other than that, just the usual breads and cereals.

Used a coupon which was about $20.00 savings, but hotel added $10.00 surcharge for weekend.

The Ocean View Beaches arent as crowded as Va. Beach and have a gentler surf. You will find mostly locals rather than tourists frequenting the three most popular O.V. beaches.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days and the maid service was awful. We ALWAYS had to ask for towels,cleaning of our room and the carpet was filthy and the bedspread needed to be changed because there is no telling when it was last cleaned. Oh and also the fire extinguisher on the 3rd floor is outdated. Needed to be checked by march of this year. I didn't check the rest of them because i was afraid of what I would find. Another thing I did not like was that you could only make 1 cup of coffee at a time and we constantly had to keep asking for more coffee throughout the day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!