“clean,bright,and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
virginia beach
“clean,bright,and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

staff was very friendley.our overnight stay exceeded my expectations.
i will definitely be back

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Moneta, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I cant imagine anyone giving this hotel a bad review. Room was very clean and I liked the design with the vanity area across from the bathroom. Washcloths should be in bathroom instead of vanity area, in case you forget one, like I did. Liked the small closet which contained an electronic safe. There was no fee added to the bill for the safe. The first hotel I have stayed in with a wide flat screen TV. Nice indoor pool and hottub.

Located on a very busy road, making a left hand turn from the hotel is nearly impossible. Easier just to drive down to next intersection and get turned around. Road noise in the room was not a problem though. In a commercial district and neighborhood behind the hotel seemed safe enough. Never worried about my car or safety.

Heaviest item for breakfast was a waffle or boiled egg. Other than that, just the usual breads and cereals.

Used a coupon which was about $20.00 savings, but hotel added $10.00 surcharge for weekend.

The Ocean View Beaches arent as crowded as Va. Beach and have a gentler surf. You will find mostly locals rather than tourists frequenting the three most popular O.V. beaches.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days and the maid service was awful. We ALWAYS had to ask for towels,cleaning of our room and the carpet was filthy and the bedspread needed to be changed because there is no telling when it was last cleaned. Oh and also the fire extinguisher on the 3rd floor is outdated. Needed to be checked by march of this year. I didn't check the rest of them because i was afraid of what I would find. Another thing I did not like was that you could only make 1 cup of coffee at a time and we constantly had to keep asking for more coffee throughout the day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

The hotel was very clean and the building still had that new smell in the stairways. The location was good with many restaurants near by. We were 15 minutes away from virginia beach and 10 min away from the zoo. The room was spacious and very clean, the only problem was that the window had a block that only allowed it to open about 1 inch. My biggist issue was the breakfast server who seemed to be very irritated with every little thing. Whenever something ran out she would complain about restocking. Other than that the hotel was great and my wife and I will stay again next time we go to the norfolk area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Brewer,Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

When I came in my first impression was this is a brand new hotel. It was spotless. All the people manning the front desk were very helpful and gave me great suggestions for places of interest..

The continental breakfast is the standard fare but no complaints. The lady that is responsible for the breakfast always greets everyone with a smile which really made me feel welcome.

The rooms are very spacious with a frig and microwave. There is also a safe in the room as well as a hair dryer that's powerful .

I would def stay at this Inn again. It was very convenient to the airport but also near the interstate to get you to our places of interest.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

I checking into this Hotel at 11 pm on Saturday May 2rd 2009 I did use the room to take a shower and change my clothes as my Fiance and I were going to go out for a while. in the 30 minutes it took to shower and change My car was broken into in the parking lot and a GPS device was stolen. I called the police and Filed a report , not the hotels fault but the police took 2 hours, YES 2 HOURS to arrive. Once completing the police report at about 2am. I left the Hotel I did not feel safe sleeping there with my vehicle outside with a shattered window. I waited 3 days to receive the call I was promised , After NO call I called myself and after being told that if I was to call to tell me that nothing could be done I asked for the manager whom I was told was busy, I asked to hold and was left on hold for 45 minutes. I asked for contact info for the hotel managers manager and was told that it was privately owned. After finally speaking with The manager "Harry" (45 minutes later) , she was about as helpful as the Trainee that was working the front desk alone that night, that could tell me nothing, I was offered 25% off my bill and told that this was all that she had he power to do So I asked why her power was so limited as a private owner and was given a repeat of thats all that I can do. I feel like this is very poor business management and that my losses and my faith in the LaQuinta hotels should have been somewhat reassured by being given a full refund. At this point I would not feel safe that my property would be safe at laquinta hotels, or that any possible future issues would be handled professionally.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Chandler, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

This hotel was okay, the room air conditioner was very noisy and there wasn't any soundproofing between the bathroom and the hotel room. Breakfast was sparse but the staff was friendly and pleasant. You also have road noise on one side and airport noise on the other. The road side is probably less disturbing, at least it was for us.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!