“Great stay with the dog” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1387 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Great stay with the dog”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed at La Quinta, Norfolk Airport while visiting son in the Navy. This was one of the - if not the - best places we have stayed with our dog where you did not feel like an outcast by having a pet with you. Very friendly staff, great places to walk the dog nearby. Plenty of great restaurants very close.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Malvern, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was our first time staying at LaQuinta, and our first time travelling with a pet. The staff was great. Very friendly and professional. It was a nice welcoming atmosphere. I was nervous about travelling with a pet. It was a great experience. There were other pets; all well behaved. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was great to see the affect it had on other travelers. Travelers smiled and warmed up to seeing a dog in a hotel.
We were only passing through for one night, but overall it was a positive experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If we could take this hotel with us (and Diedre of the breakfast area) everywhere we went, we would stay here on all our travels. We have always been treated warmly and the rooms and all areas have always been clean.

Alhambra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am orginally from Virginia. I moved away & come back often to visit and stay with friends & family. This trip, however, I needed to actually book a hotel. I searched for one near the airport as I assumed that would be convenient. This hotel received the best ratings. I wasn't expecting much since it was low priced and near the airport but was pleasantly surprised at how great it was!

Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Check-in was quick and efficient. We had a very nice room on the 4th floor. A huge king sized bed that was very comfortable. Though they lose a few points with only having down pillows. I prefer a more supportive pillow. Though I did not ask if they had any I could substitute. So if this is important you may want to ask in advance. Large flatscreen tv, desk & chair were also in the room. Everything was clean and neat and in great condition.

The sink was outside the actual bathroom which I liked. It helps when more than one person is trying top get ready. The bathroom itself was pretty standard. Nice sized tub. My only complaint being that the shower head was really far up on the wall so by the time the water hits you the pressure isn't as good. But definitely not a deal breaker. Bathroom was clean. Our toilet didn't flush very well but you adapt.

There were also the standard amenities...hairdryer, iron, ironing board. But also a microwave and refrigerator. Very nice! The hotel also offer self laundry facilities. They even have detergent for you to purchase. Just bring your quarters! They also offer free continental breakfast but we did not partake.

We kept the fan on our air conditioner on all night because we prefer white noise so I can't say if the hotel was particularly noisy or not. It did not seem so.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Please note that the only reason I didn't give a 5 or "excellent" rating was more the location than the hotel itself. While I felt very safe there, the surrounding area isn't as nice as you would like it to be. However, lots of restaurants (fast food type) and shops have popped up and it does seem to be nicer than in previous years.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had to plan a last minute trip from Connecticut to the Norfolk, Virginia area for a job interview. I needed a pet friendly hotel otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make this trip happen. I was extremely pleased to learn that this hotel accommodated pets. That was a plus in my book! Audrey was a very helpful and professional young lady that facilitated booking my reservation. She was so kind and understanding to my last minute travel needs. When I arrived I was greeted by Ashley who also was very professional in her job duties.These two women should be recognized for polite customer service and I thank them so much for their help. I compliment them both for their help and appreciate their kindness. I was very happy with the accommodations here at La Quinta and I would definitely stay there again in the future. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!