“Recommended but upon check out a little flaw” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1387 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502   |
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Recommended but upon check out a little flaw”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed for approximately 3 nights, upon check in the staff was friendly they accommodated me by giving me a room I had previous time I stayed. Very clean and nice place . I noticed the "hot water" to be very luke warm and when I mentioned it to the evening shift staff they told me that was normal etc, when I showered it wasn't hot enough at all, the next day I mentioned it to the staff and it was corrected but lost out on 2 nights of a nice hot shower...Upon check out I had the "do not disturb tag on the door" and started to take my bags to the car, the cleaning lady and one of the front desk staff saw me with my bags, but I still had stuff in the room and did not check out, as soon as I went down and returned they were in my room and had a surprised look on their face, my big black coat was left on the bed, if they had some common sense and saw that they should have closed the room, not sure if they knocked on the door but what were to happen if someone else was in the room nude? I was so unhappy with this.......Oh and another thing you wont need an alarm clock to get up because the other guests in the hotel don't know that when they close their doors it bangs and shakes the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. It was very neat & clean, the front desk was very nice & helpful. I had
a reservation @ another hotel, but checked price on this hotel, it looked nice & the price was quite a bit cheaper so I changed my reservation. I have not stayed @ LaQuinta before but I will checked for this chain when I travel, if available I will book with them. You can not beat the value
when compared to the other "chain" hotels. I was very suprised and pleased !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My two night stay was great. Easy access to lots of stores and restaurants. Michael, on the evening desk shift, provided the toothpaste I'd forgotten and opened my wine bottle w/out a corkscrew. Brilliant. In late and out early, I didn't have a chance to use the pool, exercise room etc. but they looked fine. Office Center, open 24/7, was handy to print as needed. Nutrition bars and fruit available if you miss the complimentary b'fast. The coffee machine is also available 24/7, and the coffee is pretty good! Using my AARP discount made it an even greater value. Very clean, comfortable, free wi-fi, large flat screen TV w/many channels.... I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Well, upon arrival, I was very impressed. This is one of THE nicest looking La Quintas I have stayed in. We love La Quinta as they are pet friendly. Clean, new, modern, nice area of town.
I start to set the alarm clock and I see, what I thought was the light in the clock flicker. It's a roach... crawling back and forth over the little station indicator, under the plastic cover!!! Ish. I call the front desk to tell them of my intruder.... as I'm telling the desk personnel, another roach crawls down the wall where the TV is. I'm talking like a reporter... "Oh God. There's one crawling down the wall. I'm going to have to change rooms." I was really "bugged" out. Started feeling the creepy thing with my skin, rubbing my fingers thru my hair. It was the second floor, room 216. May have been over the food area on the main floor. Anyhow, our desk personnel was very accommodating. Apologized and moved us up to 4th floor. Much better. No problems. Just DON'T STAY on the SECOND FLOOR. Yikes.

Room Tip: Get on the top floor. Ask for 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

First we looked for a hotel in virginia Beach but prices were too high for us. We looked for a better hotel then Days Inn etc' but not too pricey. We read good reviews on La Quinta Norfolk and we booked for 3 nights.
Bingo!
Clean, new, excellent room, service, tv, laundromat, good hot breakfast, close to all attractions and airport and even close to Virginia Beach.
BOOK !

Room Tip: Prob. all rooms are very good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmore, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I (mostly my wife, for her work travels) often stay at La Quinta's and we were pleased with this facility. This was a a planned stop on our way home to KY from the Outer Banks of NC. The front desk staff allowed us to use a coupon we had for a free room upgrade; the suite was on the top floor, clean, spacious, and quiet. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!