“Surprise! We have company....” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1387 North Military Highway, Norfolk, VA 23502   |
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Norfolk
Seattle, Washington
“Surprise! We have company....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Well, upon arrival, I was very impressed. This is one of THE nicest looking La Quintas I have stayed in. We love La Quinta as they are pet friendly. Clean, new, modern, nice area of town.
I start to set the alarm clock and I see, what I thought was the light in the clock flicker. It's a roach... crawling back and forth over the little station indicator, under the plastic cover!!! Ish. I call the front desk to tell them of my intruder.... as I'm telling the desk personnel, another roach crawls down the wall where the TV is. I'm talking like a reporter... "Oh God. There's one crawling down the wall. I'm going to have to change rooms." I was really "bugged" out. Started feeling the creepy thing with my skin, rubbing my fingers thru my hair. It was the second floor, room 216. May have been over the food area on the main floor. Anyhow, our desk personnel was very accommodating. Apologized and moved us up to 4th floor. Much better. No problems. Just DON'T STAY on the SECOND FLOOR. Yikes.

Room Tip: Get on the top floor. Ask for 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

First we looked for a hotel in virginia Beach but prices were too high for us. We looked for a better hotel then Days Inn etc' but not too pricey. We read good reviews on La Quinta Norfolk and we booked for 3 nights.
Bingo!
Clean, new, excellent room, service, tv, laundromat, good hot breakfast, close to all attractions and airport and even close to Virginia Beach.
BOOK !

Room Tip: Prob. all rooms are very good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmore, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I (mostly my wife, for her work travels) often stay at La Quinta's and we were pleased with this facility. This was a a planned stop on our way home to KY from the Outer Banks of NC. The front desk staff allowed us to use a coupon we had for a free room upgrade; the suite was on the top floor, clean, spacious, and quiet. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful.

Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days the room was simply amazing the housekeeping staff simply knew thier stuff. The whole hotel is just beautiful, the lady at the front desk was a bit snobby and unpersonable upon check in but everyone else was amazing. Unlike other reviews the pool and spa (which is spent the most time in) was spotless. They do do allow dogs there so be prepared to see them,And overall great experience we just cant wait to go back.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is nice and clean. The area is perfect for shopping and eating. The beach is only a few miles away. Staff was awesome. I will be back in June for our family reunion. Make sure you grab breakfast and chat with Ms. DEE DEE. She is a warm and friendly lady.

Ms. Jones
Maryland

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Harrisburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here as we passed thru for the Outerbanks. Hotel was very well maintained, as well as being pet friendly. If you have a pet, they have rooms just for pet owners but you would not know a pet had ever been in the room. Not that I expected any odor but just surprised not anything to think a pet had been there. This was the first time I had stayed in a hotel with a dog and would not hesitate to do it again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Staff is great....my dad stays at this location each year when visiting my brother who is stationed at Norfolk, thus the reason for our stay. Rooms were always clean when returning from our day out sightseeing and visiting. Options for changing linens and towels are always nice.....a "green" option. The recliner in our room was very comfortable per my husband! Our next trip to visit will definitely see us staying here again. Great location and price!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!