we stayed here in january of 2013 and eventhough we are not big fans of modern architecture this place seemed like the place to go.
The location and area are gorgeous, but not that much to see or go eat besides the hotel restaurant, perhaps more places are open in summer but not in winter when we were there.
That being said there are several agents that offer this location with a rentalcar so you can get around. The staff is super friendly and are going out of their way to please and help you with your questions, more so than I have seen ever before.
the rooms were reallly nice and roomy too. Pools and sauna, steamroom too but they are small.
This place is great for couples without kids that like to relax and enjoy. It is not suitable for kids at all, and therefor great for people that like vacations without screaming kids around;-)
I'd say the only point for improvement would be for them to get some more parkingspots for people staying there because the good spots were pretty limited which often force you to park in either sort of illegal spots or spots that are tricky to navigate into and on a very steep hill.
they also have two dogs that are hanging out at reception, that might be something someone would like to know who is allergic or hates dogs. They were resonably well behaved and did not bother you when you did not give them any attention ad did not bark that much so it did not really bother us.
- Also Known As:
- Estalagem Da Ponta Do Sol Hotel Ponta Do Sol
- Estalagem Da Ponta Do Sol Hotel
- Ponta Do Sol Estalagem Da
- Estalagem Da Ponta Do Sol Madeira
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Estalagem da Ponta do Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.