Me and my husband stayed at Riu palace madeira 28th July - 4th august for our 2nd wedding anniversary when we arrived we got a welcome drink very strong then quickly got settled into our room only bad point is we had 2 single beds pushed together everything was spotless and room cleaned every day the hotel staff are lovely pools are very clean lovely to cool u down when it gets a little hot even tho most of our stay it was cloudy don't Be fooled it's still really warm the restaurant was Amazing even the most pickiest eater could enjoy themselves here and the fruit and dessert section every day was heaven I have gained a few pounds being here but was worth it. The entertainment was a band which was bit boring but the shows most were brilliant especially the parrot show and dancers although the cabaret show was awful just couldn't stop laughing how bad they was the girl chucked her shoe in the audience while dancer was just so funny but she carried on so all credit to her. We went on a few trips threw Thompson our holiday rep was Lorraine she was very helpful we did the northwest saw some stunning views but was alot of travelling on and off the coach all day so was shattered when got back to hotel my favourite days out was the funchal there town centre good shops for souvenirs and went on cable car and into the beautiful gardens beautiful flowers and waterfall you could spend all day there then on our anniversary went on the bonita de madeira boat beautiful trip we saw loads of spotted dolphins and a bryde whale if you want a relaxing holiday this is perfect apart from the single beds pushed together that is our only minor issue would def love to visit this beautiful Island and hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-Storey building. 10 M to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 Km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 Km from the city centre. 2 Km from various shops. 10 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico