First time to Maderia and arrived in pouring rain. Not a good start but glass of Maderia wine while we checked in very welcome and set the standard for our stay. Staff were excellent, food very high quality for a buffet and something different every day. Grounds and around the pool clean and well maintained and always loungers available. Lovely room with partial sea view, it was all very relaxing.
Courtesy bus a real bonus as only a Spar and couple of bars within walking distance of hotel. No problem booking this evening before and we also used local bus to get out and about.
Only downside limited internet availability and could only use in busy bar area.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a luxurious relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-Storey building. 10 M to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 Km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 Km from the city centre. 2 Km from various shops. 10 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico