We had a lovely winter Break at The Riu Palace booked on a Thomson Holiday. The staff are attentive and friendly and the hotel rooms spacious and spotlessly clean. we had a room on the 7th floor with a large balcony and fabulous sea views. the food was plentiful and very good, however when we booked the brochure had stated a choice of buffet or table service but when we got there it was buffet service only. I wasn't too keen on this at first as i don't like the idea of queing for food but as the wee went on I got used to it and because the service at the various food stations is so good, we didn't often have to queue. The outside pools and lounging areas where also lovely and clean, really had a wonderful time.
the hotel is about 15min drive from Funchal but as the hotel has a courtesy bus, this isn't an issue. The lovely quiet location with wonderful sea views easily makes up for it.
I would definately stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-Storey building. 10 M to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 Km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 Km from the city centre. 2 Km from various shops. 10 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico