We have stayed at a few Riu Palaces over the last couple of years so how does the Riu Palace Madeira compare? Well the rooms are good and the food is very nice and there is plenty of room by the pool, but (yes, you knew there was a "but" coming) it all feels a bit tired. The staff are friendly enough but they don't go out of their way to make you welcome and there is nothing about this hotel that makes you feel in anyway special. We would happily go back to any of the previous Riu hotels we have stayed at (funds permitting), but the Riu Palace Madeira? Maybe not. Its nothing special.
A final word if you are visiting Madeira for the first time. The airport is just one long queue from check-in to departure gate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-Storey building. 10 M to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 Km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 Km from the city centre. 2 Km from various shops. 10 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico