booked wednesday flew out the following monday. A speeding coach took just 15 mins to get from airport to hotel (Not very relaxing). Nice welcome and soon in room. Food was great as were nearly every member of staff. Room kept spotlessly clean, even a towel swan on bed each day...Reasonable priced. Lovely pool and cafe area. Down side - the pools were freezing and took 20 mins just to get in, not enjoyable. A big part of my holiday is relaxing by the pool and swimming. I have never seen a pool so empty only ever a handful of people in the water. Strong atlantic sea very noisy in the night and the crickets so loud,unable to leave door to balcony open of a night and had to rely on a not so efficient air conditioning system. Recommend staying on coast in Funchal next time, for cafes and shopping etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-Storey building. 10 M to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 Km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 Km from the city centre. 2 Km from various shops. 10 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico