“Lovely Hotel, Good Location and Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Treviso 19, 30016 Jesolo, Italy   |
Ranked #54 of 245 Hotels in Jesolo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel, Good Location and Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Would definitely recommend this hotel. Ideal quiet location, right on the beach and just round the corner from the main square. Room (2nd floor, side sea view) was nice, clean & comfortable. Food was delicious and there was plenty of choice. Staff were Brilliant - Igor (in the restaurant) and Giovanni & Daniel (in the bar) - always helpful, friendly & spoke very good English. Venice is only an hour away (bus/boat), and the Aqualandia water park was only a 10 minute walk up the road. Only annoying thing were the people selling things on the beach - but if you totally ignore them, they walk on. Stayed round the hotel pool most of the time, lovely pool and area, although pay a small fee for the towel/sun lounger. Overall a Fab holiday!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went as a couple in late June. The room was on the third floor with a side facing view. With a good view of the sea. The adjacent sea view had in fact a tree view which did not amuse them.
The hotel is clean and well furnished. Rooms small but clean. Staff couldn't be more helpful.The hotel is situated backing on to the sea with its own private section of the beach with free use of sun beds.
Breakfast is really nice, but evening meal a bit repetetive. If I went back would probabaly go bed and breakfast as there are a number of reasonably priced restaurants close by.
Bar prices are reasonable.
While there you can go to Padua. You get the bus to the bus station and then bus from there. Its 9.30am and a 5..30pm return cost 10.5 euros each way, but a must see city.
All in all we had a great holiday.

Room Tip: Padua - see above
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have just returned from staying at Hotel Cesare Augustus and had a brilliant time. The hotel is situated amongst the 400+ hotels along the Lido of Jesolo and is one of the best looking hotels out of all of them. I went with Thomas Cook and booked two excursions through them, one to Verona and another to Venice day/night, both was well worth the money and Venice is a must see, it is the most beautiful city in the World! The food at the hotel is amazing, I was a bit worried as I'm a picky and fussy eater, but you get a wide range of choice from, cereal, porridge, fruit, toast, full English for breakfast and pasta, rice, lasagne and a carvery for dinner. I had a sea view and it is well worth paying the extra money for, the views was spectacular from the balcony. The only thing I wasn't happy about was the people selling things on the beach when you are trying to relax, every 5 minutes you get someone asking if you want a towel, umbrella, sunglasses, massage... Other than that there is plenty of shops, restaurants and bars, one of the bigggest in Europe, between 8pm - 6am it becomes pedestrianised! The beach is swept every night and every member of staff was friendly and spoke good English. I would go back again if I was visiting Venice!

Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at Cesare Augustus at the start of June.
The hotel was lovely. It sounds like we timed it right for the weather which on the first 2 days was grey and cool but the rest of our stay was lovely sunshine.
Also, I understand we were there before the mad rush near the end of June.
I preferred it when we went, as I don't think you would get a restaurant table or sunbed round the pool which costs 3euros per day. The advantage of this is that you dont get hassle from the lucky lucky men and massagi women as you do on the free deck chair and sunbed on the beach where it is hard to get more than 5 minutes peace.

The Pool was special. Many a time, I had it to myself to cool down from the hot sun.

We paid extra for a front sea view room and also emailed the Hotel asking for a bath in our room to allow us to soak the days aches away.

Unfortunately, we were then given a corner room which although was sea view one way, looking towards the pool area was obscured by an eyesore of a rusty coloured frame which went from top to bottom on the Hotel.
Also the trees in front of room 409 stopped us having a nice beach front view.

This room was small as stated in other reviews and I heard from one member of staff that the seaview rooms which were on the front, were even smaller especially the bathroom.
After all this, the room and twin beds were comfortable enough.
I would have liked some heating on the first night as it was like been back in the UK.

The Hotel is situated one street in front of the main shopping street which was nice to stroll and browse along if you could keep the missus out of the clothes shops.

The restaurant was great. I dont think I have stayed in an Hotel with such pleasant staff as here.

Food choices for most were plenty unless you need chips with everything.
Plenty of meat or fish to try and a nice variety of cooked veg. Salad choices and pasta dishes every day.

Breakfast was unforgettable in its location. Sat outside overlooking the pool and beach, kept me thinking this is what life is all about.
English cooked breakfast was not great. The sausage was German style rather than of the UK type. The same for the bacon which anywhere in the Med hotels seem to be more fat than pig. Beans were cold which I am guessing is the way it must be eaten on mainland Europe.
Fried egg was tasty, would prefer poached for healthy reasons but don't get this many places.

There were a couple of cereal choices, although I never had one due to filling myself on all the cakes and buns.
Its bringing back memories now, ah.

Many more pluses than negatives and certainly wouldn't hesitate to go here again, might not need a seaview room though just a side view might be okay.

We bought a hellovenezia ticket at the ticket office in the airport before exiting the building. 50euros for a week of riding the vaporettos around Venice and the other islands.

You need to catch ATVO bus No5 to get to Punta Sabbioni for catching the vaporettos to Venice and the islands. ( easy to work out which platform you need to be on for your chosen direction).

Warning, you cannot pay on the bus, you have to walk to a local tabacci to buy a ticket.
From Cesare Augustus you need to go along the shopping street to Piazza Aurora to buy bus No5 tickets from the tabacci 5.50euros returno. This bus can be caught on the street behind the tabacci shop and it takes you all the way to Punta Sabbioni.

Sunday and I presume Saturday are possibly the worst days for catching this bus, you may need to stand up as we did.

Through the week it was quieter on the bus and we were able to sit each way.

My tip is, have a stroll one night to Piazza Aurora and buy your bus tickets for the next day as the shopkeeper told us they can be used up to 3 days after purchase ( check to make sure ).
Then the next day you don't have to go along to the tabacci, you can walk up 2 streets behind the Cesare Augustus and go to bus stop 40 or walk along a little further to other stops. You may have a better chance at getting onto the bus without fighting in a queue.

You can also purchase the vaporetto ticket to get you to Venice.

VENICE, absolutely no place on Earth to compare I am sure. I have never seen so many tourists with cameras out and it was not difficult to understand why, especially when you get to the area near San Marco and Doges Palace.
Walking around and getting lost is my way of having fun, walking over one bridge and later thinking, hang on a minute this looks familiar, really funny.
Just make sure you don't get carried away with been drawn into every alley and courtyard, you might end up somewhere you shouldn't be, I cannot go any further into this, the wife will laugh when she reads it though.

I could go on and on about Venice but you need to go there to feel and witness the history and come away with the memory and your own amazing experience.

Hop on and off the vaporettos anytime, don't know how the guys who let people on and off keep their cool with tourists blocking them in the isles of these boats, respect for them.

BURANO. All I can say is OH BURANO.
I had searched online for this island and was wondering before I went whether it was worth it.
If anywhere could outstrip Venice then this little island could be the one for people who like to
see stunning colourful houses along the canals, amazingly beautiful. I'm dreaming of dropping out of the rat race and becoming an apprentice hippy and stay here rather than going back to the crazy outside world, it is a little gem. Walking around it doesn't take long.

JESOLO
Surprisingly quiet through the day to say there are so many restaurants and shops and long beach. Lovely when the dark sets in on the tree lined shopping street. Walking with the locals, people watching is great.
It doesn't seem that entertainment starts in the numerous piazzas until later in June so we missed this.

Oh, one last thing, Amarena gelato, bella, bella. Try one, wish I could get one back home.

All in all, wonderful holiday, Thanks for the memories, Italy.

Hoping and praying it wont be too long before we can go back.

Room Tip: Front corner rooms are supposedly larger bathrooms but not as clear a view compared to the centre fr...
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We didn't actually stay in this Hotel,...we stayed in a Hotel close by, however we did go there every evening before dinner for drinks in the poolside bar, I just want to say how much we loved
the atmosphere and enjoyed fantastic service from the smiling friendly guy in charge of the bar, Giovanni.
He is professional and courteous and an asset, we hope to return to stay in the hotel, later in the year.We love Jesolo!

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Cesare Agusutus Hotel. The location was very good and close to all shops and restaurants.
Hotel rooms very clean but extremely small. Everything in the bathroom was cramped had to turn sideways to fit on the toilet, dont know how a larger person would be able to cope. The room we were in was very noisy in the early hours of the morning, think we were above the kitchen/restaurant.
Pool and surrounding areas very clean. Cost of sunbeds round the pool was 3 euros which I think should be included in the cost of the hotel, never had to pay for sunbeds before at a hotel. If you went on the beach you were only allowed 1 sunbed and 1 deck chair which wasnt ideal if 2 of you both wanted a sunbed. Most people want 2 sunbeds to sunbathe and you couldnt move them because they were tied to the umbrella.
The organised trips to Lake Garda, Verona and Venice were well worth going on.
Hotel food was quite good but not always very warm.
Found the hotel receptionists were quite rude and abrupt.
Dont think this hotel is 4 stars in comparison to other hotels I have stayed in.
If I went back to Italy I would choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room at the front of the hotel,especially room 101
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Have just returned from a week at the hotel with my husband and parents. The hotel is one of the nicest looking hotels along that stretch of the sea front, and has a great location.
We had a side view room in one of the older rooms, but my parents had a refurbished sea view room. It was definitely worth paying for the sea view as the view of the pool, beach and promenade was fantastic.
The rooms are comfortable enough and have the required facilities, safe(payable at the end of the stay), hair dryer and fridge. There are flat screen tvs in the rooms but only 2 english chsnnels cnn and bbc world news, I know you don't go on holiday to watch tv but something to watch for an hour in the evening would be much appreciated. Seemed to be more channels catering for the German guests.
The food in the hotel was good quality but not to my taste. Big selection of salads, sea food, meats and fish - lots of puddings to choose from. Breakfast was ok with your cooked breakfast, toast, cereals, pastries, cakes, meats and cheeses.
The swimming pool was lovely (even if a little cold) but as others have said you have to pay for sun beds around the pool. The ones on the beach are free and plenty available at this time of year - the only issue is the beach sellers they do get on your nerves after a while.
The resort itself is huge, we walked a fair bit of it but not all as its 15k the whole way. Beach and promenade stretch the whole of this. Lots of shops both high fashion and your normal tourist places.
We did one excursion through our tour operator (Verona and lake Garda) and this was really lovely for €54 each definitely worth it. It's a long way though so be prepared for a few hours on the bus.
We decided to go to venice ourselves and bought a combines bus and boat ticket from the tabacchi shop for €19.50 - this covered travel from resort to venice and then transport around venice on the vaporetti (you can use this for a trip up the grand canal). You could have payed €23 and this covers travels to islands off venice too so good value. Venice was beautiful and is a mist visit place if you are going to Jesolo - would return in a heartbeat.
The only complaint I have about the resort is the Mosquitos there - my whole family got bitten and I'm talking a lot of bites and big ones too every day. Even the repellents didn't seem to make a difference. It's a fab place and a good hotel but be armed with your mosquito repelling tools and bite relief as you will certainly need them.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Cesare Augustus? Share your experiences!