“DONT LET THE SHABBY EXTERIOR PUT YOU OFF ... THE FOOD IS GREAT.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Padua, Italy
1,030 reviews 1,030 reviews
“DONT LET THE SHABBY EXTERIOR PUT YOU OFF ... THE FOOD IS GREAT.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

If I had not been taken here by friends of ours, going from how it looks outside I would never of eaten here . Thats because it looks quite shabby on the outside...but once you get inside you realise its quite an elegant place . Its also buzzing and full of people eating wonderful things. The menu is expansive and has on it just about every sort of seafood confection you can imagine. The service is swift the place is clean and obviously popular . While other places looked more chic from the outside they were empty ..... this restaurant was full.
Our friends had razor clams , some of which they let me share , they were excellent , delicious fresh , home marinated sardines soar, a favourite of my darling's went down well . I had the stuffed crab .. While presentation was nothing exceptional the flavours were . We ordered a huge Rombo = Turbot to be oven baked , it was delicious . The tartar of tuna our friend had also looked good .
This seems to be the most popular place in Jesolo to me and I don't wonder why . Its packed with locals who summer vacation in the area and those in the know.
If I was proprietor of this establishment I would look into jazzing up the outside a bit , because its not a true reflection of the treasures inside . But then again maybe they don't want to encourage any hungry tourists ?
My recommendation is be brave and try this famous place I hope to be back next year ....

• Visited August 2013