“Awesome Tuscany experience (with kids)!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Via San Cresci 31 - 32, 50022 Greve in Chianti, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Greve in Chianti
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Awesome Tuscany experience (with kids)!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family and I just returned from a three day stay at Villa Bordoni. It was an excellent experience. Our room, the family suite, was spacious and perfect for our two young children (ages 8 and 4). The villa was well maintained and the decor was the perfect touch of Tuscany. The views from the villa were breathtaking. My son has many allergies and the staff made ever accommodation necessary. They provided him with a variety of food for both breakfast and dinner. The service, staff, and location was better than any five star hotel I've been to. My husband and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: For families traveling with children the Family Suite is the best. It has a separate living room wi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

There are not many places like Villa Bordoni in the world. It's a stunning hotel, in a magical location, with an extraordinary team running it.

The villa has been restored beautifully and the rooms are spacious and fitted out well. It's in a great location to explore Chianti, but on a nice day it's hard to leave the pool, overlooking the rolling hills dotted with vineyards and olive trees. The food was delicious and had a wine list that was equally impressive.

What really makes Villa Bordoni stand out though is the team running it. The staff genuinely care that their guests enjoy their stay and go out of their way to make sure all your needs are met. There is no question as to whether I will stay at Villa Bordoni again, it is just a matter of working out when.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I loved Villa Bordoni; the way it was restored and decorated was just what we were looking for. The breakfast was top notch and it wasn't far from Greve. However, the negatives were the drive on the long one-way road and the spider problem. There were a lot of small spiders with webs in every corner, and a few large spiders. I even opened my closet to see that a spider had spun a web all over my nice dresses ( I saw it scatter away as I opened the closet door). Granted, I didn't tell the staff, so maybe they would have been more responsive if I had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My family and I had a magical stay. We had a private local driver, so the place wasn't complicated to find, I would imagine it might be if we were driving ourselves. I travel a lot, and I'm not sure if I have ever taken the time to write a review, but I had to write one for this place. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and very clean. The food was delicious, the wine selection was divine, but what we were most impressed with was the service. Katherine, David, Farida, and especially HUGO were just amazing. On a daily basis- Hugo would go out of his way to make sure that ALL our needs were met. We will surely return, and highly recommend the place. I travelled with son, sister, brother, niece, and nephew.

• Stayed June 2014
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was our fourth stay in six years, and we will keep coming back to Villa Bordoni. Catherine, David, Ricardo, Ugo, Zabban and all the staff go the extra mile to make your stay truly unforgettable. The views and walks are achingly beautiful, the food is excellent, both at breakfast and during the day, and the beds some of the most comfortable we have found in Italy. Book early, every room has its specific charm, and prepare to be pampered. Arrivederci a tutti!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We spend 2 days at the Villa and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff is so attentive, the food is great, the view is breathtaking. We did the cooking class and had lot of fun and learned a lot. We are counting the days until we can go back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was the perfect place to stay to enjoy the heart of Chianti. The staff was very welcoming and very helpful when we had questions about the area. The rooms were beautiful and very clean and comfortable. The location was up a hill and onto a dirt road but once acquainted with the area it was easy to maneuver and scenery was beautiful. We took an afternoon cooking class with the owner David and had the best time learning various techniques including making fresh pasta-- lots of fun. They also served the best breakfast that we had in Italy and France! Dinner was delicious too!

It was a perfect place to stay while celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Villa Bordoni? Share your experiences!