My teenaged son and I visited Vignamaggio for a tour of the cellars and gardens, specifically because I am an English teacher, Shakespeare fan, and by extension, a Kenneth Branagh fan. Vignamaggio is where Branagh chose to film Shakespeare's play Much Ado About Nothing, a hilarious comedy starring Branagh, Emma Thompson, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves, Michael Keaton, and Robert Sean Leonard.
Seeing the setting in person was almost spiritual, it is so beautiful. It is also e backdrop for part of DaVinci's Monna Lisa, and you can pose and photograph your friends in front of the beautiful landscape that inspired the Master.
In addition to the Chianti Classic and other wines, Vignamaggio also produces olive oil, and I left with a few beautiful bottles, both of classic and infused.
Our tour guide was amusing, engaging, and wonderful. Strongly recommended!
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Vignamaggio Hotel
- Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vignamaggio is one of the oldest wine estates situated in the heart of the Chianti Classico between Siena and Florence. Inside the renaissance villa, where the famous Monna Lisa painted by Leonardo was born, we have suites and rooms; the farmhouses close to the main villa have been renewed according to the typical Tuscan style. Here we offer rooms and apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.