A gorgeous 15th century Villa tucked away in the Tuscan hills, less than 20 miles from Florence. We have been coming to this lovely place for 20 years since we first saw it as the location for Kenneth Branagh's film of Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing". If you come, make sure to stay in one of the few rooms in the original Villa. While not fully five star luxury, there is an air of tranquility and beauty unmatched in most of the top rated hotels. This Villa was the home of the Mona Lisa when she was famously painted by Leonardo da Vinci. The gardens are spectacular and the setting with views over the countryside are gorgeous. The food and service is exceptional.
Vignamaggio continues to be a working vineyard, producing some of the best Chianti of the region.
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vignamaggio is one of the oldest wine estates situated in the heart of the Chianti Classico between Siena and Florence. Inside the renaissance villa, where the famous Monna Lisa painted by Leonardo was born, we have suites and rooms; the farmhouses close to the main villa have been renewed according to the typical Tuscan style. Here we offer rooms and apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.