Vignamaggio had been recommended to me by someone who had been to Italy last year. When I first started researching it, I was a little hesitant to stay here, based on TA reviews.
However, the person in charge of reservations could not have been more helpful. She answered all of my numerous emailed questions promptly and in detail. She sent photos of the different accommodations available, and when we arrived, let us look at two different apartments and choose.
Heed the advice of an earlier poster, set your expectations accordingly, and you will not be disappointed. Think of it more as renting an apartment rather than staying at a hotel. We stayed in an apartment in the farmhouse. It was spacious, with a living area separate from the bedroom. There was a table and chairs and a small, self-contained kitchenette. Breakfast was served in this building, so if you want to eat this meal, it is very close. We did not because we were never that hungry in the mornings, but we did check it out and there was quite a large buffet offered.
The gardens and grounds are very pretty also, and all the surrounding scenery begs to be photographed.
The drive into town is not that far, much closer than places in Panzano.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vignamaggio is one of the oldest wine estates situated in the heart of the Chianti Classico between Siena and Florence. Inside the renaissance villa, where the famous Monna Lisa painted by Leonardo was born, we have suites and rooms; the farmhouses close to the main villa have been renewed according to the typical Tuscan style. Here we offer rooms and apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany