My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon-- we loved it. It was so quiet and peaceful, and the food we had at the restaurant was unbelievably good. It was one of the highlights of the trip, and we already wish we could go back. The wine tour and lunch were awesome-- incredible food and we ate with some fun people we didn't know who had gone on the tour. The views from the restaurant are amazing too. Swimming pools, peace and quiet, plenty of time to enjoy the sun and read, incredible wine and food, and lovely views everywhere. I miss it.
Note that the rooms are not luxury-- it's an old farmhouse, and they are an agriturismo site, so it's not meant to be like a hotel. But the room was comfortable and we didn't care anyway because we loved being outside and eating at the restaurant so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vignamaggio is one of the oldest wine estates situated in the heart of the Chianti Classico between Siena and Florence. Inside the renaissance villa, where the famous Monna Lisa painted by Leonardo was born, we have suites and rooms; the farmhouses close to the main villa have been renewed according to the typical Tuscan style. Here we offer rooms and apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany