Let's clear one thing: Vignamaggio is not your average super cozy family run agriturismo villas but a beautiful huge wineyard villa with a very limited number of but friendly staff. as long as you adjust your expectations along with this fact, your stay in the villa will be smooth.
we stayed around 6 days in the first week of May and the summary of our experience:
* I'll say my closing comment first. we'll definitely come back to this villa very soon bringing our friends this time.
* we were enchanted with the beauty of the villa and the surrounding towns in chianti region
the facilities in the villa.
* the winetasting tour was a total fun especially thanks to its super fun guide Giovanna and beautiful Vignamaggio chianti classico DOCG wines.
we had a troublesome very late checkin (arrived around 10 pm). it was all my fault as it clearly states that there's no late reception. Yet, the reception acted responsibly and arranged the key and stuff to help us to settle in. the restaurant staff also helped us to find our way in this big villa.
I urge you to arrive before the reception closes and before it gets dark because the lighting around and in the villa is not enough for you to explore and find your way.
always check with reception about the opening hours or restaurant. on may 1st, we dressed for a proper loong dinner at the restaurant, but we found out that it was closed due to "national holiday". on such occasions, dont panic as Greve town is 5 minute drive away and its restaurants and pizzerias are open till late hours.
the breakfast was worth its price.
the free WiFi is sometimes troublesome. strongly suggest you but 20EUR/5GB internet package from Vodafone Italy. not only for the villa but for your italy trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vignamaggio is one of the oldest wine estates situated in the heart of the Chianti Classico between Siena and Florence. Inside the renaissance villa, where the famous Monna Lisa painted by Leonardo was born, we have suites and rooms; the farmhouses close to the main villa have been renewed according to the typical Tuscan style. Here we offer rooms and apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Vignamaggio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vignamaggio Hotel Greve In Chianti
- Vignamaggio Greve In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany