We stayed here for 4 nights on a half-board package to play golf every day (the men) and relax (the ladies and children).
Golf Courses - Verdura has 3 courses (2 x 18 and a short 9 hole) which are all in excellent condition. Tee's, greens and fairways are immaculate. I would say that the West course is my favourite as it has more holes that runs along the sea (the last 4 finishing holes are among the best I have played) however it is also the longer course overall and has a stretch of 6 par 4 holes in the middle of the round which to be honest are all too long and are a little forgettable. The East course has several great holes (again by the sea). The greens are fast and very undulated.
Golf facilities - Excellent practice facilities with balls ready to be hit on the (grass) range, great chipping green and putting green. And then there is the excellent 9 hole course as well. Buggy hire is 50 euros a round which i thought was a bit steep, push trolley is 10 euro, electric is 20.
19th hole - Clubhouse has it's own pizzeria and bar, although these were closed in late feb (off season), We went into the hotel bar for a post-round drink where bottles of beer are 5 Euro and a (very good) gin & tonic cost 15 euro...(expensive yes, but very nice with several gins on offer!)
Hotel - Genuine 5 star resort. Staff excellent, accommodating and will go out of their way to please, say hello (they all remember your name) or try to help in anyway. Rooms had every convenience (apart from a kettle...when I asked for coffee making facilities a nespresso machine was brought to the room immediately which was nice). Also a toddler robe was put in our room for our 3 year old, very cute!
Several pools and very good spa and gym. Is very good value for money on a half-board rate in the off season, but in summer when you're paying for meals this place would get very expensive - a 3 course meal in the excellent restaurants cost on average at least 50 euro EACH person (NOT including drinks). So half board is great value as you get a great breakfast and 3 course evening meal. They also did not charge for toddlers at all.
Location - is 90 min from Palermo airport - you need to hire a car as it is in the middle of nowhere. Nearest town is 15 min drive away. Is easy to find however.
Generally you are made to feel very welcome here and yet there is an air of exclusivity also. We felt like we had private use of the golf courses at times and also the spa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the warmth, passion and beauty of Sicily, Verdura Golf & Spa Resort is a five-star destination for an unforgettable holiday experience. It is the first resort in the Rocco Forte Hotels, and takes our trademark Art of Simple Luxury to an outstanding new level. Just 203 rooms are set amid 230 hectares of beautiful Sicilian countryside, providing the rare luxury of exclusive privacy and space.Make the most out of your holiday in Sicily and live a collection of exclusive once in a lifetime experiences: simple luxury resort in-line with the Sicilian tradition, unique archaeological sites, unforgettable dinners under the stars by Fulvio Pierangelini, a world-renowned name in the culinary set, an award winning spa, a unique golf destination and world-class tennis and golf tuitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Verdura Resort - Rocco Forte Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf And Spa Resort
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf Hotel Sciacca
- Verdura Resort - Rocco Forte Hotels Sciacca, Sicily, Italy