It starts with the security post at the entrance who in an extremely kind way explains you the (complicate and long) road of access to the reception. It continues with the doorman who takes the key of your car and the receptionist who will get seated with you at the lobby bar for check in. These Italians are just born for the hospitality industry, they practice it as a form of art and at Verdura they excel.
Staying at Verdura one asks himself why bother with Asia where communication is always a hassle (here everybody speaks also perfectly english) or North America where probably you would have to pay an exorbitant resort fee..
The design of Olga Polizzi is ecclectic and softly matching with the environment. Rooms are of an extreme comfort and you can sleep the window open with mosquito net screens coming down by a push of a button. The Ortigia bath products are to die for - I took them all with me.
The grounds are spectacular and must be a paradise for golfers. But also people coming for fine dining are well catered for. Ex-celebrity chef Fulvio Pierangelini is overseeing the restaurants and the wine list (attended by a fantastic sommelier) is big with some good value for money picks.
I would avoid the "Torre" restaurant for dinner as it is a little bit too casual and tends to attract families with children who are certainly very happy there.
There was a major presentation of the completely un-ecological new Jeep Cherokee during our stay and they catered to this group without the other guests noticing anything which is a very strong point. They are good in managing a quite big resort like it would be a small Amanresorts.
There is a huge cold outdoor swimming pool, but also four heated outside thermal bath and a heated 25 metres indoor pool.
You will not want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the warmth, passion and beauty of Sicily, Verdura Resort is a five-star destination for an unforgettable holiday experience. It is the first resort in the Rocco Forte Hotels, and takes our trademark Art of Simple Luxury to an outstanding new level. Just 203 rooms are set amid 230 hectares of beautiful Sicilian countryside, providing the rare luxury of exclusive privacy and space.Make the most out of your holiday in Sicily and live a collection of exclusive once in a lifetime experiences: simple luxury resort in-line with the Sicilian tradition, unique archaeological sites, unforgettable dinners under the stars by Fulvio Pierangelini, a world-renowned name in the culinary set, an award winning spa, a unique golf destination and world-class tennis and golf tuitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Venere, Priceline, Splendia and Hotels.com so you can book your Verdura Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf Hotel Sciacca
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf And Spa Resort
- Verdura Resort Sciacca, Sicily, Italy