Mrs R and I stayed at the Verdura for 4 nights in late Sep after having spent 4 nights at the Timeo (Orient Express) property in Taormina.
Whilst the Timeo was nice, we absolutely loved the Verdura. The two can't really be compared in terms of style as the Timeo is about as "old world" as it gets, whilst Verdura is very modern and minimalistic. It reminded me more of places we have visited in Asia (e.g. W at Koh Samui and the St Regis in Bali) than most European hotels I have ever been to.
We liked (almost) everything about Verdura: the look and feel of the place, the service level, the extensive grounds in which you can walk and cycle, the food & beverage offerings, the spa and its various hot pools etc. It is the perfect place for relaxation given that the resort is so large and there is relatively little to do in the environment - so there is no pressure to leave the place.
My only 2 suggestions from improvement would be (1) the breakfast - which is not bad but definitely not great in terms of the available selection, and (2) the "beach" - which basically consist of fairly coarse white sand poured onto some mats on top of concrete. It's ok for chilling but very difficult to access the water without hurting your feet on the pebbles and boulders between that artificial sandy stretch and the open water.
That said - those are 2 minor things that did not in any way interfere with the quality of our stay at the Verdura.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the warmth, passion and beauty of Sicily, Verdura Golf & Spa Resort is a five-star destination for an unforgettable holiday experience. It is the first resort in the Rocco Forte Hotels, and takes our trademark Art of Simple Luxury to an outstanding new level. Just 203 rooms are set amid 230 hectares of beautiful Sicilian countryside, providing the rare luxury of exclusive privacy and space.Make the most out of your holiday in Sicily and live a collection of exclusive once in a lifetime experiences: simple luxury resort in-line with the Sicilian tradition, unique archaeological sites, unforgettable dinners under the stars by Fulvio Pierangelini, a world-renowned name in the culinary set, an award winning spa, a unique golf destination and world-class tennis and golf tuitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Rocco Forte Verdura Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf Hotel Sciacca
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf And Spa Resort
- Rocco Forte Verdura Golf & Spa Resort Sciacca, Sicily, Italy