Let me begin by saying that this place is located a very short drive from the town of Levanto and this town far exceeded our expectations. They have many excellent restaurants, lots of shops, a very nice public beach and very easy access to the train and the cinque terre. Upon your return from the train each night stop in for a visit or a meal.
We stayed for 4 nights at this agriturismo and were most pleased with the experience. Our room was at the top of the hill and although simply furnished and decorated it was very comfortable, clean and had an excellent shower with lots of pressure. The bed was comfortable and there was a couch and sitting chair for reading. The room also had a table which I used to paint in the evening. The view from our window was wonderful as it overlooked the valley and the pretty villages there each having their own bell tower. We enjoyed the hourly (and indeed half hourly) bells.Outside the front door there were tables and chairs where we could sit and enjoy a spritz in the evening. It is really a beautiful location and we were there for a thunderstorm and it was a real experience to hear that thunder rumbling on through the hills. The room included a small bar fridge and we removed all of the items left there for sale there (that is one thing I could have done without) and kept our own water, beer and cheeses.
The breakfast room was located quite a way back down the hill and although a pleasant walk down the hill it was a steep return to the room. Check to see where your room is located before booking. That being said it is worth the walk down as the breakfast is outstanding. We have stayed at many B&Bs and agriturismos and this was by far the best breakfast. The ladies serving there are delightful and upon arrival will immediately ask what you want to drink and provide you with a great cappuccino or other hot drink. There are lots of cheeses, meats, juices, breads, jams, delicious croissants, cereals, fruit and fruit salad and biscotti available. My sincere compliments.
You most definitely need a car for this location for although it is a very short drive to the train station (10 minutes when I drive and 5 minutes when my wife does) the walk would be rather long and along a rather unattractive road. Additionally the lane way from the room to the gate is very narrow and I dreaded meeting a car coming the other way.
Communication with the owners was excellent and although we never needed them they gave their cell number and made themselves most accessible.
It was a delightful place to use as a base for exploration of the area and I most definitely would recommend it to friends.
- Also Known As:
- Agriturismo Villanova Hotel
- Agriturismo Villanova Hotel Levanto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villanova is a beautiful 17th century estate only 5 minutes from Levanto and its sandy beach, bordering Cinque Terre National Park. Rooms and apartments are in the main villa and in 2 charmingly restored historic farmhouses. Antique furniture adds to the elegant country-house feel. All have gardens with panoramic views. Start your day with a healthy organic breakfast buffet, rent a bike, relax on the beach or hike the many trails of Cinque Terre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Agriturismo Villanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.