“Classy Ischia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Querce Hotel

You added Le Querce Hotel to your Saves list
Le Querce Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via B Cossa 55 | Ischia Porto, 80077 Ischia, Isola d'Ischia, Italy   |
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Ischia
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Classy Ischia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

After many previous visits to the Naples region, all of which have been wonderful, we decided to base ourselves in Ischia for a change, expecting to take advantage of the frequent (usuallyon the hour) hydrofoils to pop over to Capri and Sorrento to see old favourites and perhaps discover new. During our stay, however, we became such big fans of the island, we chose to stay put and take advantage of own beauty, exceptionally cheap local buses and mile after mile of peaceful walks. The island like the mainland offers chic shopping, restaurants and hotels in abundance, so you always have lots of choice. We opted for " Le Querce" and what a good choice this was! A classic italian hotel, which oozes style and positioned to provide one of the most beautiful across the bay, we had ever seen. Definitely a case of love a first sight. Just outside the port ,(a 10 minute stroll) and on the main bus route getting about was easy, but best still was getting back. The spa, restaurant , bars and restaurants were all first class and the staff genuinely exceptional. Our room was located at the top of site and took advantage of the vista, as well as having a large balcony and all of the modern touches- flat screen tv etc. Apparently not all of the rooms were as fortunate or as modern. Ask for a room at the top- 113-115 0r 700 to 707. Simply lovely and a hotel we will go back to.

Room Tip: ask for a room which has been updated and located in the higher buildings.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dunipace, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was my first single holiday and very much enjoyed my week in Ischia. It would have been a higher score if only they had not put me in what appeared to be the worst room in the hotel on my arrival. I was forced to sleep in it for my first night as I arrived at 0100hrs and the manager would not be available til morning. Was really upset and disappointed about this as I was only staying for 7 nts. Anyway they changed my room in the morning without any problem, which made me think that they expected this!! Overall I did enjoy my holiday. The staff were lovely, food was okay. Disappointing that they served tinned fruit and powdered fruit juice at breakfast but the food overall was lovely. I took a walk into Ishcia which is only about 20mins downhill and wasn't disappointed, it was lovely. I would definitely go back to Ishcia for a holiday and if Le Querce was the only hotel available fine, I would go but I would not seek to go back to Le Querce.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have been to Italy before and always had a wonderful time but Ishcia and the Hotel Le Querce in particular were something else. It was the most perfect holiday we have ever had. The weather was perfect beautifully hot but not so scorching you dared not venture outside. Our room had an enormous balcony with a fantastic view over the bay. The views from the terrace and pool area were also amazing. The staff were consistantly friendly and helpful putting up with our lack of Iltalian, especailly Francesco. The pool was glorious, only down side having to wear a hat, but as everyone else did you soon got used to it. If you tired of the pool the walk down 250 steps to the private beach where you could swim in amazing clear water was well worth it. Perfect. We can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra to have a balcony with a sea view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband, teenage son and I spent 7 nights here. Our room included a matrimonial bed and a twin bed for our son. The room was spacious with lots of drawers, a large wardrobe for our clothes, a television and a mini bar. The weather was warm and the air conditioning was excellent. The bathroom was large as well, with a full sized shower. I purchased the half board which provided for breakfast and dinner. The breakfast provided an array of foods: different types of pastries, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, breads. You name it they had it. Dinner was a feast that included an elaborate antipasto bar, a first plate (usually pasta,soup or some other creation), a second entree (meat, fish) and great desserts. One night was mostly fish, but when I asked the waiters if they could prepare something different for my son who doesn't eat much fish, they made him mozzarella and prosciutto and grilled meat, which he really enjoyed.

As for the location, I have been to Ischia many times, and I chose this hotel specifically for its location. It is right by two bus stops (one going in one direction, the other going in the opposite direction). We purchased a weekly bus stop at the main terminal in Ischia Port and the bus was our main means of getting around. The hotel is beautiful. Our room had a terrace that overlooked the Bay of Naples and Castello Aragonese. There is a computer for guests to use but we brought an IPAD and the connected through the free Wi Fi that the hotel offers. The hotel has a bar and a billiard table, as well as an outdoor salt water pool and an indoor pool. The outdoor pool is surrounded by chaise lounges and umbrellas all free for guests. I was told that there is beach access, though I did not seek out the beach.

The hotel has a spa and I did have a facial. The facial was pleasant as was the staff.

The staff is extremly gracious and most of them speak English. I am planning a writers retreat to Ischia next year and think that Le Querce hotel would be the perfect place. I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the island.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

beautiful hotel, wonderful view, people are very nice, kind and helpful, thermal swimming pools inside if you want to relax without going out. very recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed 4 nights,the room was very large,clean with an excellent sea-view.Food was to a high standard,offering many varied and lots of vegetarian dishes
There is a steep stairway at the back, which leads to a stoney beach where you can swim.
Instead of taking the bus, walk and vear off to the left from the main road and discover steep
cobbled roads and flower covered villas (a short cut to Ischia Port).I would recommend the
hotel mainly for an older clientele who wish a little luxury and relaxation.

Room Tip: Always have a sea view ,The higher rooms will oviously have less air con noise from kitchen,but as i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed for 7 nights half board, the view from the room was nothing less than spectacular. Food was excellent every evening and there was a huge selection to choose from. The hotel staff were very friendly and made our holiday one to remember!! :)

There was a bus stop right outside, which couldn't make getting around the island any easier, and the tickets were very reasonable to buy from Ischia Porto and gave us unlimited travel throughout our stay.

Overall I would say that this hotel is among the best. The thermal pool is wonderful, it was so nice to swim around and relax in the evenings after a long day before dinner. I came home feeling totally revitalised and cannot wait to get back there!!!

I dont feel anyone would be disappointed after staying here! If you want escapism, and to totally relax......this is the place for you!!! :) Beautiful hotel on a beautiful island, wins every time for me!!

A big "Grazie!!" to all the team for looking after us so well. See you again soon x

Room Tip: 205 is a double room on a corner plot. I seemed to have a much larger balcony area and had panoramic...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Le Querce Hotel? Share your experiences!