I loved it. I found the place sweet, welcoming and fun. It's perfectly clean and cheerful -- I appreciated that there was a free computer to use for email, not just wifi. The food was very good, served rather formally. The staff could communicate in English adequately, and were as helpful and nice as possible. You should know: it's popular with Italian families, and they generally don't speak English. Also: It's not actually in the town of Lacco Ameno, but about a 10 minute walk from there. It's across the street from a nice little beach, and there's a tunnel under the road to get to it.
The town is charming and low key. If you go, don't miss the terrific museum, Archeologico di Pithecusae.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Antares lies close to the sea, on the coast road that joins Casamicciola Terme to Lacco Ameno. In fact, a small private subway leads to a modest-sized beach. The trendiest centres, including the thermal commune par excellence, Casamicciola Terme, as well as the famous Lacco Ameno with Corso Angelo Rizzoli, its VIP guests and prestigious boutiques are all very close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Hotel Antares reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antares Hotel Lacco Ameno
- Hotel Antares Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Lacco Ameno