“Most excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hotel Terme Michelangelo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lacco Ameno
Park Hotel Terme Michelangelo
You added Park Hotel Terme Michelangelo to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Prov.le Fango, 77, 80076 Lacco Ameno, Isola d'Ischia, Italy   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Lacco Ameno
Dublin
“Most excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here recently and on almost every score it is an excellent hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We were the only English speaking guests and they had the evening dinner menu translated each evening just for us. We stayed half board. The evening dinners were very good and we had to restrain ourselves from making beasts of ourselves. There are two 'terme' pools and a big swimming pool so no need to visit any of the big Termes. Lacco Ameno is a real living village and though the hotel is about a kilometre up a very steep hill from the village the hotel provides a shuttle bus so the village is easily accessible. We had no children but the facilities for children. One slight nerdy caveat. The Wifi was not great but it was free and this is true of almost every hotel we have stayed in in recent years. Please hotels will you realise WiFi is as important now as TV in a room. This is just a great hotel and I thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CelestinoIacono, Direttore generale at Park Hotel Terme Michelangelo, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you very much for your beautyful words

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lavello
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Unique scenario over San Montano bay, sunny days and cool evenings, great swimming pools with thermal water and funny cascades, delicious food, fast service. 5 min.. far from city center and posh shopping streets, with breathtaking night view of the Lacco Ameno harbour. All this and more at a reasonable price. Wish to come back soon.

Room Tip: Ask for "superior"rooms, with the view onto the garden.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent 8 days in June 2013 with our daughter (3ys) and grannies. The final impression is very positive. The hotel is a pleasant structure located just above Lacco Ameno, 1,3 km of a steep road. On one hand, it is a pleasure (quietness, fantastic sunsets!), on the other you have to know that you cannot reach the sea or the village just walking. I couldn't try the SPA treatments, but the impression I had from my wife and grannies is positive. Here is my list of plus and minus.
PLUS: kids will be enthusiastic about the hotel premises. The facilities (outside park, swimming pool, miniclub) will make their days! The staff taking care of kids is nice and professional. Rooms are large, pleasant and clean. Generally speaking, the hotel staff is very polite and well trained (waiters, reception desk, barmen). There is a free shuttle running from the hotel to the beach and the village, always on time (taxi are more expensive than in Tokyo...).
MINUS: frankly speaking, you are entitled to expect great food in southern Italy. Breakfast: delicious pastries and cakes, no fresh fruit (on summer time, something you woul really like to have). Dinner: below expectations. Very interesting appetizers buffet, but main dishes not up to the level you would expect. On some circumstances, fish was simply too bad. For our convenience, we had a la carte lunch on few occasions and I must say that we had been positivelly surprised, much superior quality than in the evening.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to families, less so to pure gourmand! I would definitelly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

found this place on a last minute search. what a great surprise.
located above the charming town of Lacco Ameno has a beautiful view.
Rooms are very clean and the service is excellent.
The food is symple but yet very fresh seasonal and local.
Grazie! We will be back!

Room Tip: go for the suite
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011 via mobile

We loved our stay at this hotel with spa. Located high on the hill above town, it has a lovely vista. The staff and fellow travelers are friendly, and the service is excellent. The rooms are small but comfortable, new, and very clean. The price includes a buffet breakfast and four course dinner (or lunch if you prefer). Most staff do not speak English but you will do fine with some French PR German if you don't speak any Italian. Most fellow tourists are Italian. My husband and I spent a second honeymoon at this hotel and loved the hotel and the island of ischia.

• Stayed September 2011
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2006

I stayed at this hotel last year and am surprised there is only 1 review. I went alone with my 2 children and this hotel went out of its way to be helpful. Its true, my first room was a little basic but quite large (3 beds)and for the price we paid it was exceptionally good value overall. The food, although not 'fine dining' is above average. I often ate simple pasta with fresh tomatoes, then fish, or a piece of grilled meat. I avoided the heavy buffet as I prefer simpler things. Breakfast again was a little basic but it was enough for us, plus they did eggs for my son. The only downside to the dining was that we were squashed onto a table in the corner with no view. The pools were great, the new spa was really 5 star. I had 2 hours every day with Michaela who really gave me wonderful treatments, although I am not sure you could expect this if you were on a budget package. Obviously there is not a lot to do at the hotel with kids, but the hotel found me a babysitter for a couple of hours everyday. Then we went to the wonderful beach nearby (shuttle provided) or to Lacco Ameno. Once my husband arrived for the weekend, we changed to the newly finished 'Suite' and had room service for lunch a couple of times. We hired a car and visited some beautiful places including the Gardens of Poseidon and a few local restaurants for dinner. Another thing, this hotel had wonderful views all round and a drink on the terrace was very pleasurable. All in all, I had a lovely week, and would go again. However, I always like to try new places so will give it a miss this year but would like to say hello to the charming Iacono family.

• Stayed May 2005
Bolzano - Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2004

Nice outside, hall and pool and a very good food but the rooms are really poor. Be careful it's far away from the sea side. Better the sea side rooms (fantastic view).

Been to Park Hotel Terme Michelangelo? Share your experiences!