I have stayed at a number of first-class hotels in Italy. This was clearly the best! Superb comfort, wonderful spa, heated sea water pool. A stellar restaurant... not cheap, but superb value for money. We appreciated the special series of gourmet meals... truly world-class haute cuisine. Above all, it was the helpful friendly staff who made our stay a truly wonderful and unforgettable experience. I wish we had hotels this wonderful in North America!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “L’Albergo della Regina Isabella” is located directly on the seashore, in the midst of a peaceful bay surrounded by rocky shores and luscious Mediterranean vegetation. The hotel is located in the township of Lacco Ameno in Ischia, the largest Neapolitan island in the Gulf of Naples. It was built in the 1950’s by Angelo Rizzoli. The island’s beauty and thermal baths captivated the illustrious publisher and film director. In 1956 he decided to enlarge historic Regina Isabella’s thermal baths and build a resort over the ancient Greek - Roman ruins. After just a few years, Ischia and “L’Albergo della Regina Isabella” became the centre of attraction for cosmopolitan worldliness. Celebrities such as Richard Burton, Liz Taylor, Maria Callas, Alberto Sordi and William Holden enlivened those popular years making it one of the most exclusive and glamorous destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Splendia, Venere, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Albergo della Regina Isabella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Della Regina Isabella Hotel Lacco Ameno
- Regina Isabella Ischia
- Albergo Della Regina Isabella Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Lacco Ameno