“Excellent Five Star Experience in Ischia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa

You added Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Bagni, 80047 Casamicciola Terme, Isola d'Ischia, Italy   |
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Five Star Experience in Ischia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I spent 2 nights in Terme Manzi and it was a very enjoyable stay.

High standard accommodation and even higher quality service from all staff we encountered combined with excellent Thermal Spa and one of the best restaurants in Italy (Il Mosaico) made it a memorable experience which we will repeat in the not too distant future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

There are many advantages to staying at this lovely hotel.
The hotel is five star quality, the staff are very friendly, speak a number of languages - there were a number of well healed French and Russian guests when I visited - and really cannot do enough to help. The hotel is very well presented and immaculate with a beautiful garden and gorgeous heated roof top pool and bar area in addition to the fantastic spa on the lower ground floor level with steam room, spacious sauna, cold showers, a cold mist shower, a cool pool, various relaxing areas and a large hot spring pool. It is possible to swim lengths in both of the main pool and roof top pool. There are also a number of treatment rooms - this is a luxury experience. If you are visiting to relax, the treatment list is long and comprehensive and they also have a doctor who comes in to consult if you are there to loose weight etc. it's very impressive. I had a massage which was very relaxing.
The room that I stayed in was nice, I am pretty sure I stayed in there most basic room, but it was very comfortable with a safe and all the usual amenities. On my arrival there was also an enormous fresh fruit display of berries, apples, sweets etc which was frankly amazing and lasted my entire stay! My only problem for my stay was the air con. I stayed two nights and the first was too hot - they kindly investigated but could not fix as it was the whole hotel on automatic I think, while the second night it was so cold that I awoke with a sore throat and a head cold which lasted a week. I tried to turn it off during the night but could not.
The other advantages to this hotel that I experienced were the shuttle - do not discount this - the hotel essentially provides a free taxi service for guests to specific locations on the island! They will collect from the port and drop you back as well as to other local attractions or bus points. Fantastic but also necessary as the hotel is up in the hills a bit and too far to walk uphill with luggage.
Breakfast is also amazing, actually I think it might be the most impressive I have ever seen.
Italians apparently eat cake for breakfast and in addition to an entire cake display, including bars of milk, dark and white chocolate, they had an entire leg of ham which they carved, fruit, amazing orange juice, pastries, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausages, mozzarella, tomatoes... It was awe inspiring. Room service is of very good quality and portion size, however, there is a note that there is service charge but they do not list what it is in their menu which is frustrating.
I cannot comment on the dining facilities, as I was alone and frankly did not have anything suitable to wear I can only say from my initial hotel tour on arrival that it looks amazing and there is even a chef's table, I think there are Michelin stars.
As a side note, there is a supermarket 2 minutes up the road from the hotel if you need anything - always useful!
Apart from the air con, I had a fantastic stay. I think that the spa facilities, shuttle and breakfast should definitely be factored in when considering the cost of your stay as they are fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We spent a wonderful 4 days in the Terme Manzi in September. The hotel itself is beautiful, marble floors and columns in the foyer and immaculate rooms. And the staff are so nice, making you feel at ease and at home immediately!
It's location is very good , there is a regular bus that does a loop back to the port area and back to the hotel which you can hop on. Although the hotel provides a shuttle bus all day so you hardly ever need to use the local service. If you ring the hotel from the port when you arrive , they will send the shuttle for you as well.
The Thermal Spa was simply amazing, within two hours of checking in i was 100% relaxed. The sauna , steam rooms and Jacuzzi were in such a beautiful setting and we're never crowded, some days you felt like you had the place to yourself.
There is a lift coming down from the rooms into the Spa area so you can come down in your robe and slippers from your room and not having to trek through the foyer.
The Indoor heated pool is very relaxing with loungers along side it to relax after a swim. And the herbal tea room with a variety of different herbal and sweet teas to choose from added to the relaxing experience.
I would go back to the Terme Manzi in a heartbeat , if you're going to Ischia id definitely consider this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has old world charm, with equisite decor, but yet balanced with the comforts of home. Everyone from the owner, managers, chefs, staff are all so tenacious, friendly, dedicated to giving you the ultimate experience. I highly recommend taking the cooking class with chef nino and his staff, his food is prepared with such creativity and compassion, you will use all your senses to experience it. The desserts prepared by pastry chefs also works of art but yet so incredible tasty. Spa services were great and relaxing. The thermal pool was so calming, I was in such a deep relaxation state. The hotel is kept in such immaculate clean condition, my maid cleaned and organized my room so well. I traveled to ischia alone and hotel manzi arranged all my transfers with drivers to and from the airport, excursions this was such a relief always felt safe and secure. I never felt alone neusa, ana and maria all checked up on me and mafe this such a special experience. I came to ischia to discover my italian roots, what an awakening to find I come from such a beautiful island with wonderful, kind generous people, it's such an honor. Everything at hotel manzi was perfect, this was the BEST most amazing vacation ever in my 20 plus years of traveling. Hotel manzi rocks. Grazi and much love to all at hotel manzi, tina

• Stayed April 2014
Northbrook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We took the ferry from Naples to Casamicciola. This is a Relais & Chateaux Hotel. The lobby is beautiful -full of marble and old world objects. The front desk is as friendly as could be. Our room was lovely. The spa pool was wonderful-so relaxing. It was never crowded. We were in Ischia when the weather was inclement so relaxing at the spa was delightful. We had lunch on the terrace one afternoon. We also had dinner in the dining room one night. The food was delicious although I thought the waiter must have been related to an owner as his demeanor did not match the food/ambiance of the restaurant. This is a lovely hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at the Chateaux Terme Manzi on my holiday in the Island of Ischia. I relaxed in the modern spa built around the Gurgitiello thermal hot springs on the island with healing properties. I stayed in the junior suite which had a refined atmosphere of comfort and relaxation overlooking the picturesque courtyard. The entrance is brightly lit with sunlight streaming through. Very pretty!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Beautiful hotel and spa, and highest quality. An unexpected highlight was the private cooking class we had one " morning " (we went well into overtime!) They assigned an English-speaking hostess to the two of us as we were passed from chef to chef for several hours, learning several ways to prepare calamari, mussels, and clams (our requests, in advance). We had a detour to the pasta station for cooking tips, and in response to a simple question ("what are they doing over there?") spent some time learning how to roll tortelli! We finished with a tour of the kitchen, pastry operations, and pasta storeroom...wonderful. Oh, and in case you didn't figure it out, the lesson turned out to be multi-course private lunch for two at a private table set in the kitchen...of a Michelin 2-star restaurant.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!