“A luxurious gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Bagni, 80047 Casamicciola Terme, Isola d'Ischia, Italy   |
Connecticut
“A luxurious gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

When we arrived at the front doors I was a little concerned that the hotel wasn't what I thought it would be. But once inside, it was fantastic and more than I had hoped. The front desk was very helpful and checked us in quickly. Unfortunately, thanks to mechanical difficulties on our flight we arrived a day late. The hotel was welcomed us warmly and quickly changed our mood of our trip. Our room was lovely, very clean, and with excellent amenities. We had a delicious lunch by the pool and then relaxed our weary bodies in the roof top pool and then in the healing spa pool.

We were very lucky to celebrate my birthday by dining at the Chef's table at Il Mosaic. WOW!! Normally we prefer simple rustic Italian food and see no need to dining at high end restaurants in Italy. Well, Il Mosaic proved us very wrong. It was definitely one of the best dining experiences of our lives and we have had some amazing ones. Every details was thought out and executed with perfection. So delicious! When we thought we could not eat another bit, something new came out and we found room. While it wasn't an inexpensive meal, it was a tremendous value. It certainly was a highlight of our trip, but really every experience at Terme Manzi was spectacular. The spa services, the spa itself, the roof top pool, breakfast, Gli Ulivi, and the staff were all top notch. Dinner at Il Mosaic was a once (or hopefully twice) in a lifetime event, our simple dinner at Gli Ulivi the next night was just as delicious - just different.

Honestly, I could never understand people that go to a hotel in Italy and never really leave. Well, our stay at Terme Manzi helped us understand why people do that. Since our stay was cut short with our late arrival, we never left the hotel during our 2 days. We actually tried to figure out if we could change our plans to get to Positano so that we could spend more time in Ischia. Sadly, it didn't work out, but we agreed that we definitely need to return to Terme Manzi and maybe next time we'll actually leave the hotel. But seriously, I'm not so sure as Terme Manzi was such paradise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Can't explain in words the beauty of this hotel. I had business in Italy and took a 3 day stay at Terme Manzi at the end of my trip. What a fabulous weekend it was.
Take the ferry from Naples to Casamicciola NOT downtown Ischia. The hotel is much closer to Casamicciola port. The taxi was $15 euro. When I got to the hotel, I received a full tour including the spa. I have never seen so many different treatments at all different prices. The staff was there for every need. Very nice!! Breakfast was good with alot of variety and a mix of hot and cold foods. Delicouse breads and pastries too. The pool area was gorgeous with plenty of chairs and umbrellas. I had lunch at the pool both days. I think the pricing was similar to American hotels but the food was very fresh and large portions. I had dinner off the property both nights and the taxi into town was around 20 euro. Be careful as the taxis will overcharge. I had the hotel order the taxi and then called the same one to come home. I was not overcharged. The day I did take my own taxi, I was ripped off.
I really can't say anything bad about the hotel. The room was gorgeous with beautiful tile, good towels, great water pressure. The staff was so nice and wanted to please - from the housekeeping, the spa and the front desk. Don't go here with young children. They will not enjoy or appreciate the beauty this hotel is.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Beautiful hotel and every bit a five star experience. Although the food is quite expensive it is a gorgeous place and one of the best stays for our honeymoon in Italy.

Absolute must is the 2 Michelan star hotel restaurant. it was simply incredible and an unforgettable experience.

The staff made us feel very welcome and were very attentive.

Given the location is slightly tricky the hotel car makes up for this in leaps and bounds. It is almost a private car, for free.

Stunning pool and hotel surrounds, great breakfast. Cocktails were a little bit overpriced and small. The spa was stunning though and we had some great treatments

Overall it was very luxurious, nice room and view and delicious food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mudgee, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

What a beautiful place. We were with a small group that were unanimous in their praise for the staff and decor. Food was in keeping with the quality of the lodging. You could also, if the budget allowed, partake of some fine dining. No first hand experience but one couple of our group came back with amazing tales including eating lamb with a spoon.
I was taken aback a little with the note that said that anything in the fridge would be confiscated. This was tested with a couple of cans of beer which they left for me to enjoy.
Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a bath if you like this.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love this property - and look forward to returning when ever possible! The food is outstanding - but best of all is the incredible staff! You feel really spoiled!
I am in the travel business and I never write reviews - but I just can not pass up this opportunity!

ISRAEL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for four nights and we enjoyed our stay very much.
Beautiful, luxurious and very clean hotel, well maintained and nice rooms, great(!) breakfast, lovely spa and very friendly and professional staff.
Ischia and Terme Manzi are amazing. We will be very happy to return for another visit!!!

Nyon, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel was a perfect ending to our vacation. It was an antique style hotel with period decorations from roman empire, luxurious spa facilities, roof top pool with a panoramic view, great breakfast and grande breakfast lounge. Rooms were big but bathroom could have had a window and spacious shower. A/C was functioning perfectly. Free shuttle service to main points of interest around the island is a bliss. Prebooking of shuttle service one day prior is a must. If you were to book 30 min earlier as per the guidance of the reception, the shuttle is more than likely to be unavailable. The kitchen was kind enough to give us a picnic breakfast when we were checking out early in the morning before breakfast start time.
The staff was extremely friendly especially the driver Daniele. Do make full use of the facilities otherwise you are better off to stay at a cheaper hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!