We liked Grifo hotel; it was relaxing, the spa good, with a great suana, turkish bath and mineral bath. It is up on a hill on Ischai so getting to places, you have to rely on taxis, and shuttles. And taxis are expensive on the island; and the shuttle service from the hotel is good, although sometimes a bit uneven. All of the staff are very helpful, with limited English, but enough to make the trip and hotel a good place for English speaking folks. The hotel is very clean and gracious; and the rooms on the second floor have a 'to kill for' view of the island and sea. I found the place to be relaxing and a great relief from our touring in Italy -- a nice way to end the vacation. The island is a bit tough to get to if you don't have a car; the ferry ride is short, about an hour, but hauling luggage may be a problem, since there are no porters, and one has to ask, and then tip. The breakfast was o.k.; the eggs were good and it was the usual spread of hams, cheeses etc. No fresh fruit, but a great fruit salad. Ischia has lots to see and do, and is an underrated destination. Some of the restaurants are terrific, and the fruit from the street stores the best I've ever had. All in all, cheaper than Capri, and larger, so there is more to see. I would stay at Grifo again; we slept soundly; the rooms are quiet, and the guests respectful, and the spa kind of interesting if you like that sort of thing. They have great massages and spa services at reasonable prices. But again, it is the staff that make the hotel, and I found the taxi rides worth it, for the view, the restful atmosphere of the hotel and the ambience of the island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1 kilometre from the centre the Ischia, near the port of Casamicciola Terme, Grifo Hotel features stunning panoramic views of the gulf of Naples, Tabor Mountain and Epomeo Mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grifo Hotel Charme & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grifo Hotel Casamicciola Terme
- Grifo Hotel Charme & SPA Isola D'Ischia, Italy - Casamicciola Terme