“They don't know how to handle credit cards properly” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Café, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Helsinki, Finland
“They don't know how to handle credit cards properly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

First of all, food was decent and location is nice. Not overpriced either. So nothing to complain about those. BUT. The staff (at least who were present at the time of our visit, July 22nd 2012 14:13 as time of payment) did not handle credit card payment properly, and didn't know how to apologize. Instead the person started accusing me, laughed at my feedback and totally lost his nerve. Normally, staff who makes a mistake like this (described in detail below), admits it, apologizes and fixes the situation. But not in this restaurant, oh no!

Before paying, I saw that they had a mobile payment terminal for credit cards, the usual device to which you insert your card and enter your pin, so I decided to pay with my credit card as the place seemed to be properly equipped for that. I asked for the bill, got it, and placed my credit card on the table expecting that someone would bring that mobile payment terminal to me so I can complete the purchase. After all, this is the sole purpose of the existence of a mobile terminal; to be brought to the customer so that payment can be finished right there.

However, what happened, was that staff member 1 quickly picked my card from the table, did not say a word, and did not bring the mobile payment terminal to me. After 5 minutes, I got up from the table and went looking for staff member 1 and my credit card. I was negatively surprised when I saw staff member 1 in the kitchen getting food and then carrying it to the tables for other customers, and meanwhile MY CARD WAS LEFT ALONE on the corner of the cash/reception/lobby table of the restaurant. There was one other customer at this lobby table, alone, with my card on the corner easily reachable! Chance for credit card theft is considerable in this kind of careless handling of cards, but this restaurant doesn't care. Staff member 1 was coming out of the kitchen at this point and took the food to the tables. I asked why on earth is my card on the table and not with you?! He said it's there (on the table) and went on to serve the food to other customers.

Then, at this point, staff member 2 started serving the customer who was waiting at the lobby table, but he was inserting MY credit card to the mobile payment terminal while talking to the OTHER customer and not me. I asked who's payment is now being processed?! Why isn't this mobile payment terminal used as it should, why was it not brought to my table, why my credit card was left alone on the table with other customer, etc? I think all of these questions were very much legitimate in these situation and I had all the rights to be upset about this. And the restaurant should have apologized. But no, staff member 2 totally lost it, started yelling, laughing and accusing me. He was just too proud to admit his and his fellow-worker's mistake and to apologize. They really should learn how to apologize from the customer when they have made a mistake. It was a terrible experience for me, even though the food itself was ok, but I have to give 1 star out of 5 for this due to so unprofessional staff.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Santa Cruz, California
“Great location for events”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This restaurant has a wood fired oven, very good antipasto and a great location overlooking the church. If there is an event at the church it can be watched while having a very nice dinner.

Visited June 2012
Moscow, Russia
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Restaurant is situated in a good place, food is average, not bad.

• Visited May 2012