“A pleasant adventure in the typical regional food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Milan, Italy
“A pleasant adventure in the typical regional food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Good, good, good!!
I was invited there from some dear friends and the menu that they chose for the dinner was amazing.
The food was excellent, we eat so many different courses and all of them were great.
We had as appetisers some small fried fishes, the local mozzarella of buffalo, some small pizzas made with a typical regional receipt, a fish salad, a sort of parmigiana made with fish, an octopus salad and some many other different dishes that I can't even remember, but for sure I have fond memories of all of them.
As pasta we had two local specialties: handmade pasta with beans and mussels and the pasta with the potatoes. I couldn't even imagine that this last kind pasta could be so good!
The main courses of fish were wonderful ( a mixture of fried fish and then a big fish cooked in the oven), actually the fish was very fresh and tasty.
At that point I was so full that I couldn't eat any other things, I just tried a fabulous cake named " caprese", a traditional delicatessen of this Italian region, made with an innovative receipt based on lemon,instead of the traditional chocolate.
The service was friendly, polite and quick.
The atmosphere was pleasant, our table was outside under the arches, and they view of the old road were the restaurant is located was an additional plus.
I'm not able to judge the price/ quality ratio because I was invited from my friends.
Now I'm looking forward to go back there soon!

• Visited June 2013