We stayed at Villa Giuseppina for 5 nights mid October on half board. The setting was absolutely georgeous and the view from the bedroom, pool & breakfast balcony was lovely - just looking across towards Ravello. You could sit on your bedroom balcony and watch the cars & scooters far below as they made their way up the very windy road from Amalfi - from a distance they looked like ants.
The location was good as it was away from the hustle and bustle of Amalfi and you could walk down the mountain side to Amalfi - there were around 500+ steps (took us an hour) but the walk is well worth it and you can get the bus back up. You can also walk to Ravello which takes about half an hour.
Failing that you can catch the bus to Ravello or Amalfi - you have to change at Amalfi for Positano, Sorrento or Solerno. Don't forget to do the Amalfi drive as it's fantastic - the local way of driving is quite unusual to say the least !
All the staff were extremely friendly and either part of the family or friends who had worked there for years. They all made our stay most enjoyable and were very helpful and informative.
The restaurant was about a 5 minute walk away so if you go in October be aware that you will be walking in the dark but there are plenty of street lights. Although quiet at that time of year the restaurant staff were very friendly & helpful and the food excellent. The bar at the hotel was always open later so you could go back there and have a drink with Cecilia. If you preferred to eat at the hotel then you could have pizza and salad plus home made ice cream - this could be eaten on your bedroom balcony if preferred.
The rooms are lovely and clean and had been recently refurbished and are decorated in a lovely old fashioned colourful style.
One tip - please try the hotel's own wine produced from the vines next door - great wine with zero food miles & tastes great !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly built, with every modern comfort, the Hotel "La Margherita - Villa Giuseppina" is situated in Scala the heart of the Amalfi Coast, between Amalfi and Ravello.Open the whole year round. All rooms with private shower and balcony. Central heating. Large terraces for sunbathing. Swimming pool and solarium. Family management. Very reasonable prices. Excellent cooking. Own parking ground. us connections during the day. The hotel is situated in a prticulary quiet position, away from the traffic noise. It is the right place for a perfect stay and relaxing holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your La Margherita Villa Giuseppina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Margherita Villa Giuseppina Hotel Scala
- La Margherita Villa Giuseppina Scala, Italy - Amalfi Coast