“Lovely friendly family run hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Margherita Villa Giuseppina to your Saves list
La Margherita Villa Giuseppina
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   Via Torricella, 84010 Scala, Italy   |
Great Britain
“Lovely friendly family run hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just returned from a 2 week stay. We had a lovely room with a wonderful view. The staff are all very friendly & willing to help make your stay enjoyable. We loved the breakfast with delicious croissants & fresh rolls each day. Maria served breakfast with a smile every morning. Carla was on the reception desk when we arrived & gave us a lovely warm welcome. Cecelia helped us with tips on how to get around & very warm & friendly. All in all a lovely place to stay & we would go back one day.

Room Tip: Room 3 had a lovely view
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed at Villa Giuseppina for 10 Days! Such comfortable rooms, with very comfortable rooms! Room 13 Had the BEST view and the nicest patio to have my morning Coffee. The staff are so welcoming an helpful! Celia and Francesca are just lovely, always there for advise an knowledge of the area and tourist things to do....
Overall Unbelievable experience... Will spread the word of their hospitality and flair.
(the lunch menu is WOW, to die for fresh caprese salad and daily specials)

Room Tip: Room 13 Has the best view of Ravello and the square, also great ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Milborne Port, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

I have just returned from a week in this hotel. The evening I arrived I was immediately greeted by Carla, her pleasant personality I warmed to , she always had a smile and made me feel welcome, she understands your needs and helps you - a valuable member of the staff.
The views are beautiful , I had asked Citalia to ensure I had a double room with a balcony and the room was perfect - if you are looking for a Boutique Hotel this is not for you, but if you like traditional Italian family hotels this fits the bill. Cecilia ran the bar and again such a friendly face, Cecilias father insisted on making me some breakfast before I left at 7 am. The breakfast staff were all welcoming . My only negative is I would have liked clean towels everyday , and bed linen changed more frequently . Scala is a delightful italian village and I am definitely returning to this hotel. Thank you

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights here. It is 3 star and this is accurate in my view. The friendliness, cleanliness and views are so much more though. If you are looking for sophistication and want choices of pillows/extensive breakfast then it may not be for you but you will miss out on this gem.
What makes this hotel special are the owners and staff. Clara is great and happily provided lots of information and if you want something she will try and do her best for you. The hotel does not have a standard layout and this did cause some guests some consternation ( you soon get used to the floor plan ) but that is part of its charm. There are books in lots of languages in most of the communal areas which you can borrow. There are several cats around which makes it feel homely.
Breakfast is served on the covered terrace or indoors . It is a basic affair but fine. The coffee is good. You can pay for extras like meats/fruit/eggs etc.
Our room, 12, was quite a good size but the best was the terrace looking across to Ravello. This was superb and a real pleasure to wake up and see that vista. Shade or sun on the terrace, plus table and chairs. The bathroom is on the small side but everything worked. The shower was powerful and lots of hot water, albeit a bit smaller than average. Towels are provided but a little scratchy. Pool towels are not provided.
There is a half board option with the evening meal being take at the Margherita hotel. These meals improved as the days went on, ie by day 3 we were given a much wider selection of choice. Lots of local dishes. Local wine good and very reasonable. Recommended as there is not a huge choice of eating establishments in the village. However, Ravello is not far and easily walk-able.
Location -wise this is ideal. You have the calm and peace of Scala/Ravello whilst Amalfi/ Atrani/ Minori and so many other places are in a days walk from here. You do not need a car here. The public transport is reliable and quite frequent. Yes, it is steep in places but what would you expect given the terrain. (If you have lots of luggage and arriving without a car I would suggest a taxi as it can be a bit of a scrum getting on to he local buses when laden down). Naples airport is probably closest - we travelled to Napoli centrale station, about 1 hr by cab from Scala as we were travelling elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with terrace overlooking Ravello, you also see the sea.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I just stayed there for one night, but I wish I had more time to stay there! The staff were so kind and friendly! Carla, Cecilia and most importantly the chef Lorenzo were so so friendly and made the difference in my stay. I had room number 3 which had an excellent view.
Food was excellent at the hotel and at their restaurant. They make homemade pasta daily and since cooking is my passion, I talked to the chef and he kindly let me in his kitchen and showed me how to make fresh pasta!
Carla at front desk helped and advised so much and she was just a very positive energy to be around. Breakfast was just croissant, cheese and coffee, however, if you go there you will go there for the breathtaking view of Amalfi coast. The only issue was getting there with a bus. Since the last stop was a little far away from the hotel, we had to drag our suitcases in a very hot weather to get there, but other than that and the shower drain being clogged, it was excellent.
I will definitely go back there!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We went to villa giuseppina on 15/aug for one week the views are fantastic you can see the square in Ravello from the balcony the staff are so friendly and helpful Cecilia and Carla are really nice and All the staff at La Margeritta everyone was lovely food good as well it is very peaceful after being in Amalfi and very hilly great if you are fit.But we had a lovely time thanks to all.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Just returned from staying in Villa Guiseppina in Scala, the hotel is situated in a lovely village and all the locals and staff are very friendly. There is and excellent view of Ravello and the surrounding hilltops. Our room was really to small for three people, a double with a put up bed squeezed in the corner but were advised this was a big room. The shower was very cramped and so was the balcony . The room was cleaned daily and the towels were changed but bedding not changed during our weeks stay.The reception desk frequently was left unattended with keys just hung up for anyone to take which was a bit worrying as there are no safes in the rooms.Breakfast if you want anything different than bread rolls or croissants for breakfast there is extra charges,however on our last day they provided us with an early breakfast due to an early flight home.I bought my own cereal and took that to breakfast during our stay. We also bought our own water in the local shops as the hotel prices were 4 times as much and due to the heat we went through a couple of litres a day. We loved walking the local area and down to Ravello and Almafi but I would like to say it is very hilly and the roads have lots of bends in them with very few footpaths so it can be quiet a task if you are not very fit. There is a bus service which is reasonable priced.The pool area was extremely crowded whilst we were there with a struggle to find a sun bed or chair, it seems that other people who are not staying at the hotel use the pool too. We ate at la Margherita hotel in the village as we were half board the meals there were good and filling.there is only another two places to eat in the village, but plenty of dinning available in Ravello, which is half an hour walk away. We made the most of our holiday in Scala and enjoyed our time there it is a beautiful area and worth a visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 6. This had a panoramic view and overlooked the pool area. No wifi in room...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Margherita Villa Giuseppina? Share your experiences!