“Excellent Place, Wonderful People...” 5 of 5 stars

Bed and breakfast Villa Marietta
Via Torre, 15, 84010 Minori, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Minori B&B and Inns
Istanbul
“Excellent Place, Wonderful People...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and me were at Villa Marietta from Istanbul last year, and stayed there about one week. Villa Marietta is located at the green hills of a valley where a beautiful small town called Minori is located. Villa Marietta has a very big garden with lemon trees which have an attracting sweety-sourish taste. The sea view of Villa Marietta is therefore wonderful both at day and night. Villa Marietta and Minori are a beautiful places with beautiful people. Beautiful people makes Villa Marietta really great. My brother Vincenzo and his pretty wife Carmella are operating this very nice hostel. Vincenzo and Carmella have a great hospitality. We thank for Carmella for her fantastic creme caramels and her delicious lemon cakes during our breakfasts. And especially to Vincenzo for his kindness, help, and humanity. I advise Villa Marietta to all Trip Advisor followers. I wish we will again meet with Vincenzo and Carmella at Villa Marietta in the very near future...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

Last October, my family took a trip to the Amalfi Coast. We had been a couple times before and were looking to stay away from the typical tourist/cruise ship crowd that is overpopulating the beautiful towns along the coast.

After a bit of research we discovered the town of Miori. Described as a small fishing town with one of the nicest beaches along the Amalfi coast. Located directly next to Minori, "the beautiful little sister of the town of Miori". Minori is exactly that: Beautiful, charming, majestic, and it actually feels like you're in an old world Italian fishing town.

I actually debated about whether I should write this review or not. I loved this B&B so much that I wanted to keep it all to myself. I would never tell another soul about the picturesque views of the Mediterranean sea, or the kindness of spirit of the owner (Vincenzo) and his wife (Carmela). The rooms, service, quality, generosity, and value were all 5 stars. There is a bit of a walk into town... through a lemon grove, passed the fig trees, down a few flights of stairs, and along some of the most scenic coastline you could ever imagine. If that doesn't sound good to you... I don't know what would.

I had the greatest time here. I would strongly recommend Villa Marrietta as the ONLY place to stay in Minori. I hope that Vincenzo reads this and thinks back on my family as kindly as I do his.

Sincerely - Ryan, Aileen, and Luca

• Stayed October 2011
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed at Villa Marietta in the 'off season' for 4 nights. The days were sunny and the temperature was comfortable. Relaxing at Villa Marietta was easy for us. Our room was pleasant and comfortable. Don't expect 6 star rooms in this very pleasant rural locality. Situated high on the hill above the village, you should be delighted with the stunning views across the valley to the neighbouring villages. The night time view is like watching the Christmas lights. Villa Marietta is ideally placed for walking along the hillside coastal paths. I would advise that good mobility and reasonable fitness is essential for staying here as the terrain is steep. The one item that we missed not having in the room was not having a tea and coffee making facility. Would we stay again ? Yes...in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Just returned from a one week stay at the Villa Marietta and if you are looking for an authentic Italian B&B with outstanding hospitality and stunning views then this is the place for you. Right from the beginning of the holiday, Vincenzo and Carmela made sure that we felt at home. This included collecting us (and our luggage) from Minori and providing us with some Italian foody treats realising that arriving on a Sunday evening we would be too tired to walk back down to the town for something to eat & drink. In fact food and drink was offered at every opportunity. We loved the small town of Minori which had a distinct Italian feel to it and also full of character and not at all touristy as some of its neighbours. Previous reviews are spot on and all there is to add is that we found it an ideal place to stay on the Amalfi coast combined with generally good public transport links. One tip, avoid the bus if you are visiting Pompeii. It was straight forward to get there but took ages to return to Salerno and included a change.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

B&B Villa Marietta was the perfect place to stay while on the Amalfi Coast of Italy. It's located high up in the hills of Minori, it has a lot of charm with wonderful views of the sea, and the hosts Vicenzo and Carmella are DELIGHTFUL! The room we stayed in is spacious, with a small terrace overlooking the town and sea. We had a delicious breakfast each day out on their veranda, and we pulled figs off their trees as we walked to town each day. Vicenzo is full of personality and wants to please in every way. His English is also very good. Carmella is lovely, and a great cook! We liked staying in Minori, out of the busy tourist traps of surrounding towns. City buses took us to wherever we needed to go, including Amalfi and Salerno. Vicenzo picked us up and took our luggage to our rooms. There is also a town shuttle that can take you close to the Villa. But we took the 300 steps up and down the hill to get to town, which took us by mules and residents' homes. Our only caution is that if you are handicapped, elderly, or not steady on your feet--or if you want to be in walking distance to the hustle and bustle of shopping, then this place may not be for you. But if you are looking for a charming place to stay in Amalfi, where the hosts are totally accommodating, and if you want amazing views and a peaceful place to relax, then I couldn't recommend this BandB more highly. We only wish we had stayed longer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We spent two overnights at Vincenzo's hostel, we started missing the family when the bus headed to Salerno.

It is my second time to visit Almafi coast. However this time I found all hotel were fully booked at Sorrento and I almost gave up the Almafi tour. Eventually we decided to stay at Villa Marietta in Minori, yes we were driven by the almost full mark and with regardless of a total new place at the coastal small town.

First I'd like to recommend a stay at Minori, which is 15 minutes driving distance to Almafi town. The lucky thing is that you are away from doggy and commercial Almafi town but you enjoy the most typical Almafi sightseeing.

Second we got the chance to stay with Vincenzo, Carmella and their daugther Elena. The villa is hidden behind countless lemon trees and various plants, located at the middle of the hill. Vincenzo picked up tomatoes for us, it was the most delicious tomatoes I've ever tried. My husband, a typical constrained chinese, not good at talking and expressing, was also infected by the family's endless warm.

We spent two happy days in Minori, Atrani and Ravello (too short). When standing at the terrace of our home in Minori, just need to close eyes and make your mind blank. I really want to spend all my Almafi holiday in Minori because I won't get to chance to breathe so fresh air in other place.

Vincenzo, sorry for not taking a photo with you as we left in hurry. We will be back because Villa Marietta is our home in Minori, in Almafi.

p.s. The road construction is almost finished, and shuttle bus will reach Villa Marietta's gate very shortly. However I still encourage you to take the step by going through the yard, it is really a funny adventure.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We were lead there by all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and they're all correct! The view is to die for, the little -but not too little ; good choice of restaurants and bars and great beach!- town of Minori is very nice and the hosts Carmela and Vincenzo will do everything they can to make you feel at home and to make you feel on holiday (and that varies from cleaning your car before you leave, carrying your suitcase, giving you excellent tips where to go (Thank you Carmela for the church in Pompei - tip! It was beautiful!), folding your laundry, keeping your drinks cool and feeding you figs from their trees. The breakfast, the room, the view, the people : all good! Go there. PS : there's a road now that leads you to Villa Marietta ; so no more 200 (?) steps with suitcases! :-)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bed and breakfast Villa Marietta? Share your experiences!