“Outstanding, friendly and relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Agriturismo Villa Maria

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minori
Agriturismo Villa Maria
via Pioppi snc, 84010 Minori, Italy   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Outstanding, friendly and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

2 nights here were great. Service, views, food, atmosphere, rooms, location etc etc is fantastic. Would definitely return if ever in Minori again. Ask for detailed information on what road to take up there or you may get lost, as we did. Its a decent walk uphill from where you park your car also. Get stuck into their food, lemons, white wine and limoncello its all made right there with all their own produce and is brilliant.

Room Tip: The room at the end means you wont have other guests walking back and forth in from of your room/cou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
agriturvillamaria, Direttore vendite at Agriturismo Villa Maria, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guests,

We really thank you for your kindness and lovely comments on our farmhouse.

Getting such a positive feedback is stimulating for us and we hope to welcoming you in the future.

We will keep on doing our utmost to please our guests.

Once again, thank you so much and warm regards from all of us!!

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Can't rate this place highly enough. A real experience and would go back tomorrow. Being amongst all the lemons is something like I've ever done before. I felt like I had the sense of the real Amalfi. Wonderful hosts and service. We just loved sitting about on the terrace in the evening - very relaxing. Fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am writing to express our gratitude for your kind and positive feedback.

My father is so proud of his lemon grove and he is on the top of the world when people praise his garden.

Thank you so much and we look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

All th best,

Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our 3-day stay at Villa Maria was everything we could have hoped for. This was our first visit to the Amalfi coast, and we knew we didn't want the typical tourist experience to be had in a hotel in crowded Positano or Amalfi. Villa Maria is set high above the charming little town of Minori, but not so high as to feel remote (only 10-20 min. walk down/up MANY steps, or a 5 min. drive). Upon our arrival, after climbing the many steps from where we parked our car on the winding road below, we were warmly greeted with the most delicious lemonade I've ever tasted! to be enjoyed on our own terrace overlooking the valley and sea below. Our room was bright and spacious, bathroom and furnishings tasteful and new-feeling. Vincenzo was very friendly, proudly showing us his extensive lemon groves and answering my husband's many questions about the management of such a farm. We loved the atmosphere of the dining area with its full sea view, and family members of all ages coming and going. Breakfast was perfect, with a variety of breads, cakes, cereal, yogurt, and self-service coffee (appreciated by us, having been to many hotels in Italy where you're served 1 small cup). We were on "half board", and dinner at the end of the day was wonderful: antipasti and 2 choices each for primi and secondi piatti, all food local and perfectly prepared. Of course their limoncello is excellent! Because of the friendly environment, it felt easy to strike up a conversation with other guests. Not surprising for March, we had a mix of weather, but happily filled our days: walks through Minori, where there is an interesting Roman site/excavation; a hike through wonderfully scented lemon groves and along donkey paths to a tiny centuries-old convent on the mountaintop above; a drive to nearby Ravello with its fascinating Norman church, villas with gardens, etc.; and a trip to Paestum (about an hour south). We can't wait to return to this agriturismo, and will certainly recommend it to friends!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We wish to express our gratitude for your detailed and kind description of our farm.

Our first aim is to let guests feel like at home and experience a warm and friendly atmosphere.

We hope to meet you again in the future and wish you all the best!

Warm regards,

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here as a group of friends in October 2011.(drop down would let me go any earlier than may 2012)" What a beautiful location on the Amalfi coast right in amongst the lemon trees. We were warmly greeted by Vincenzo and made to feel at home after the steep climb to the property (was a lot fitter by the end of our five days!). Maria's home style authentic Italian cooking is not to be missed. We paid for half board each day so were treated to both breakfast and dinner each night & the lemoncello was the best I tasted in Italy standing up to vincenzo's bragging rights. The rooms were clean and comfortable with doors opening straight out onto that amazing view over the coast line. We were lucky enough to be treated to an amazing fireworks display from a nearby village in the mountains which rivalled some of the best. A big thankyou to Maria , Vincenzo and your beautiful family for a truly amazing experience that I have frequently recommended to others travelling to Italy

Room Tip: All 5 rooms have the amazing view of Amalfi coast line.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
agriturvillamaria, Direttore vendite at Agriturismo Villa Maria, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your warm and friendly comments. We truly appreciate your kindness and we would be honoured to welcoming you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Here
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here for three nights, in december, eating twice. Superb views, great local food and a very helpful family. Minori has feeling of a town really loved by its locals and no wonder! In December the lemons are covered with black netting to protect them from the frost, so in the spring it will have even better views.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We wish to thank you for your kind and generous feedback. We are really glad to hear you had a positive feeling of our place.

We hope to welcoming you in the near future!!

Kindest regards,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I had the good fortune recently (well good planning on my part really!) to spend five nights in this fantastic agriturismo.
The family is lovely and welcoming and the atmosphere in the dining area is warm and cosy.The views are out of this world, every morning I had to pinch myself to believe it.

We stayed in "Camellia" which was at the very top and had a large terrace which was so nice to relax on after a busy day sight seeing.The room had a very big comfortable bed, a mini fridge if you had some drinks etc you wanted to keep cool, a lovely tiled bathroom, everything was very clean and best of all were the French doors you could open up to that view and the lovely fresh air. I think I had some of my best sleeps on this trip in that room.

It is a bit of a hike to walk up to but that way you burn off the calories from Maria's delicious cooking! Free parking down below on the road, never a problem to find a spot. I should also add that this place offers very good value for the price you pay.

We took the half board and ate our dinner there every night which is what I would recommend as the food was delicious and fresh, all grown or made there on the property. My hat is off to you Maria, super chef!
Danilo was kind enough to make me espressos every morning and Vincenzo is a very interesting man to talk to about his ideas on farming, the Amalfi coast and life in general. I fear I will never eat another lemon as good as those on the Amalfi coast!
And I loved seeing their three beautiful grand-daughters each day.

The town of Minori and it's neighbour Maiori offer a welcome respite from the busyness of Positano and Amalfi....have to agree with justustwoSheffield on this. They are still nice local towns not over-run by cruise ship tourists.

I hope to be back someday and in the meantime I am recommending it to all my friends, family, and acquaintances!

Room Tip: I loved our room, Camellia, but I think any of the rooms would be great, they all have that stunning...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
agriturvillamaria, Direttore vendite at Agriturismo Villa Maria, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Paula,

We wish to express our gratitude for your kind description of our family, the farm and for having highlighted all the positive aspects of staying with us and for y

We hope to see you again very soon!!!

All the best and warm regards,

Nadia, Danilo, & family
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We ate at Villa Maria rather than stayed, though I now regret not having found and booked it for our whole stay on the Amalfi Coast.

The meal was absolutely wonderful and a fantastic finish to our 2 week trip through Sicily and the Amalfi coast, we really did save the best till last. The location is stunning, the welcome and service we received warm and friendly and the food simple and perfectly cooked Italian home cooking. It's not often I can't fault a meal (even in Michelin star restaurants we have eaten in) but on this occasion it truly was faultless, especially for the very reasonable 30 Euros.
I'm also glad to report that despite staying longer than planned we made our flight on time, and our bottle of delicious olive oil made it back to Scotland in one piece.

We will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
agriturvillamaria, Direttore vendite at Agriturismo Villa Maria, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your kind and valuable comments.

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the view, the food and the hospitality.

We are also glad to hear about the oilve oil :) Taste it on a slice of fresh bread, it's delicious!!

We wish you could have stayed with us during your vacation, however it was a pleasure to meet you before you left.

Kindest regards and take care,

Nadia

Been to Agriturismo Villa Maria? Share your experiences!