“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 20 Restaurants in Minori
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Ohio
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

What can I say, 4 courses for 35€! The food was great, the staff were better, the place was spotless and very nice. Roberto, the owner, is a very special person. Don't miss to have a little chat with him! We definatley be back the next time I'm on the Amalfi Coast

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Montreal, Canada
“Right up my alley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went for lunch one afternoon, I walked away with such a pleasantly satisfied feeling. Everything was thoughtfully prepared and executed. The space and food was the expression of a mindful, creative, female owner. The food was simple, fresh, elegant and perfectly prepared. Truly delicious! Definitely worth trying.

Visited May 2013
Manchester, UK
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Well, I read all the reviews on tripadvisor before I went and decided to go with my boyfriend, in spite of the 'terrible' ratings. There were far more good ratings so we thought we'd try on a very rainy night in Minori - especially because it is very close to the hotel where we're staying.

Firstly we ordered a bottle of local wine - White, 13€ and very good - the lady serving us was great and very attentive, pouring it for us whenever our glasses got low. We also had some fizzy (carbonated) water which was very good at 2€ for a big bottle.

Shortly after ordering we were given a free taster, appertiff dish (or whatever) - a fried vegetable and mozzarella Coated in breadcrumbs on a bed of fresh tomatoes and olive oil - delicious!

We ordered home made pasta - me, bolognase with tagiettelle and my boyfriend, with clams - both arrived within a reasonable amount of time and both were delicious! Mine had a Parmesan crisp on top and my boyfriend got a bowl for the shells and little wipes for his hands. Nice touches, we thought :) Both were 9€.

After, we couldn't resist trying the tiramisu - a bit pricey for the size at 7€ - but it was good!

To conclude - it's the beat meal we've had on the amalfi coast so far, authentic, tasty and fresh. The lady serving us didn't speak the best English but this made us like the place even more! I loved the decor, atmospheric music and the food and we're only sorry we tried it on our last night!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This restaurant was my favourite not only in Minori, but probably for the whole of our two week holiday on the Amalfi coast. We just popped in on the off chance one day as we walked past as they were doing an offer for a two course lunch for 15 euros and we were totally wowed! We had a delicious octopus salad to start, followed by an amazing seafood linguine. The setting was relaxed with lovely background music (something we've found the Italians tend to neglect - what's wrong with a bit of background music?!) and it was perfect for a lazy lunch. We went back a couple of days later with a friend who was celebrating their birthday in Minori and the food again was excellent, the service friendly and the food incredible. For me, this was much better than Il Giardiniello which I felt was just a bit try too hard without substance for the money. Cannot recommend this restaurant enough, without a doubt the best in Minori.

Visited June 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“poor in every way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

According to tripadvisor this is #4/9 restaurants in minori. Since this was the first restaurant we went to on our visit in minori, we can only hope that isn't true.

Our main concern was of course the food. We ordered some kind of "variation of grilled fish", but got fish, squid and scampi. Although we didn't order this, the small portion looked tasty. We were disappointed. The white fish was quite good but the rest of the plate was almost uneatable. The squid tasted like burnt rubber and the scampi was chewy and funky tasting. The tuna was overcooked.

When then white wine was opened the cork split in half. We were still served the wine and had to pick up pieces of cork from the glass through out the meal.

New owner??