“The Settebello is a wonderfully friendly family run hotel which I fully recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 7 Bello

Save Saved
You added Hotel 7 Bello to your Saves list
Hotel 7 Bello
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Nazionale 39, 840101 Minori, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Minori
Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

The Settebello is within 100 metres of the beach in the small Italian town of Minori. It is a family run hotel which provides wonderful meals in the Italian style. The food is of the highest standard & avoids the excesses of fast foods. The service is very friendly & efficient. During our stay, all guests received a complimentary ' Limoncello' after dinner!
All the rooms are ensuite & are very comfortable. They are spotlessly clean & are kept so by the chambermaids who change the towels daily.
The hotel's amenities include a lounge, bar, an dining room for lunch & dinner, a breakfast terrace & off-street parking. The hotel is fully airconditioned & all rooms have TVs. The reception is manned at all times including the nighttime.
A full excursion programme is available via the reception.
My wife and I have stayed at the Settebello on many occasions & have always found Andrea & his wife to be fantastically helpful & friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Udine, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

The story is a bit long...

I had originally chosen Hotel Villa Romana for my stay in Minori during a business meeting and a conference. I had booked one month in advance, directly to the staff of that hotel. However, at the arrival, I discovered I had been moved, without earlier notice, to another hotel (7Bello), which was 3 stars, not 4 like Hotel Villa Romana, and seemingly cheaper. I willingly accepted the offer since, after all, I was there on business. Finally, at the check out, I have been asked to pay 100 Euros per night, as if I stayed in the original, nicer, hotel. Complains were of course useless.

Not the least, I have been asked to pay by cash. I really recommend not to choose the Hotel 7Bello, nor the Hotel Villa Romana, and in any case, to be aware of the extra costs (e.g., for air conditioning, parking, etc.) that could be added to the basic rates of the rooms.

BTW. the owners of the two hotels are brothers and the one of Villa Romana is also the Mayor of the city (I guess this is a perfect team to spoil the people!)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
cambridgeshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

enjoyed our stay, very clean, staff very friendly encouraged us to have second helpings at dinner time and to try dishes we had not chosen from a fixed tour group menu. Enjoyed all the food on offer soup very appetising.Breakfast better than the expected basic coffee and croissant. having a good selection cold buffet including meats and cheese.
On the down side is on a busy road so can be noisy however with plenty of local brandy and lemon liqoure (excellent) no problem!!

• Stayed October 2009
liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

This hotel is basic , but if you dont mind basic its ok.Staff were friendly enough, clean. Its on a main road but there is nothing the manager can do about the road so be prepared for disturbed night. Have cash to cover bar bills, coffees ect as they wont take cards.
The food was abysmal, with the exception to the pasta dishes it was terrible. we spent 6 nights there and it really did get worse as the week wore on. We had a very small portion of ice cream(2 tiny spoons full) on four of the nights, there were no other choices, a peice of cake one night and a slice of watermelon. I have read in the reviews about tiramasu you lucky people cos we never saw any, lovely salads again not that we saw any.

Minori is a lovely quite place as is the rest of the Amalfi Coast and I would reccomend it.

• Stayed September 2009
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

Staff where reasonably friendly. Hotel is on a very busy road. Our room was functional and clean. Hair dryer was useless as well as the drawers, they were so small you couldn't store anything in them. The main problem was the food. Very poor quality and no variety. I assume the manager will reply to this with the standard reply that is on the other negative remarks left on this site. The owners really need to address the problem of the food. considering there is so much fresh good local produce around, it was surprising that during our stay of a week the only sald item we had was tomato on one evening. we had some kind of mush that was supposed to be roasted courgette on another occasion. Ice cream was the standard desert which would have been fine if we had a change of flavour on occasions. Amalfi is beautiful and well worth visiting, however i would not really recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Kettering,Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

I have just returned from a week's stay in this lovely hotel.
Andrea and his family could not have been more welcoming to all of us.
They went out of their way to accommodate our every need.
The food was lovely and it was about 50 yards from the beach.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

I can't stand about our holiday: me and my girfriend spend 3 weeks moving around Italy and we spend (unfortunally!!!) just 4 days into the amazing panorama and gratest view of the Amalfi Cost. We been to the "Hotel Sette Bello" where we found a really helpful, kind and disponible owner ho always give as the best advice and info about, where and when we can visit something! I hope to be again there soon as possible...
Belive me, That days were the best of all the holiday!

Thank's again Mr.Andrea Rispoli for all you make for us!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel 7 Bello? Share your experiences!