“AMAZING, JUST DO IT!” 5 of 5 stars

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AMAZING, JUST DO IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Am always surprised as the sometimes misleading reviews on trip adviser, the way some people were carrying on about the walk really had my girlfriend worried as she only had a pair of Doc Martin boots and some of the reviews will lead you to think you'd fall off the cliff and die if you don't have the right gear.

I wouldn't say there is anything particularly dangerous about the walk, people who are grossly overweight or unfit should probably steer clear but aside from that it is fine.

I myself am not in the best shape, and whilst I was certainly out of breath at times, it really wasn't that much of a challenge and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I probably wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has vertigo, a fear of heights or who suffers from asthma or any kind of heart condition.

We saw lots of people who appeared in there 50's and 60's, but again, I would only recommend it for that age group if you're relatively fit.

The walk itself is absolutely stunning, probably the best thing we've done so far in our 7 days in Italy.

You will see unrivalled views of the Amalfi coastline and mountains and also see some amazing history with the churches built up in the mountains with frescoes dating back 900 odd years.

Our guide Maurizio also was the main reason we had such a wonderful day, he walked at a fantastic pace, always stopping to point out certain plants, buildings or things of significance and has a wonderful knowledge of the area considering he grew up here and obviously still lives in the region.

He stayed with us for basically the entire day, took us to a wonderful restaurant and we were also lucky enough to meet his wonderful Father.

We also got to try local figs and grapes which were a delight.

You may also see some goats on the trek which was quite cool.

Again, don't be put off by some of the reviews making this out to be terrifying and super challenging.

I understand everyone has different limits and opinions but I would say anyone from ages 13-60 could do this if they are in the right condition and want to see some of the most spectacular views around.

Don't stress about shoes like my girlfriend did, I wore my casual sneakers (just average skateboard shoes) and after doing the walk my girlfriend mentioned that she probably could have done the walk in just her flats that she was scared about wearing in the first place.

10/10 experience.

Jerusalem, Israel
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“WOW!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

You wont find many paths with views better than these, not just in the Amalfi coast but all around the world, they are breathtaking!
Like written before you set out from Praiano escalating through numerous steps ( about one hour of climbing) through amazing hillside scenery and one local church ( with an amzing balcony viewing the coast) until you pick up the main trail that leads to Nocelle.
The walk is along the cliffs with 100% panoramic views all of the way ( don't change the camera to off mode- its a waste of time) so I would advise to set out on a sunny day as the sun reflects beautifuly on the Mediterranean sea.
Once reaching Nocelle don't make the mistake of walking down the stairs ( through their local church) towards the shore. instead keep straight on the path that crosses Nocelle ( passing by a small restaurant) towards the next town Montepertuso. Soon enough the trail unites with a paved road as you decline towards Montepertuso.
After you cross most of the town just before reaching a small garage on your right there is a small stairway leading al the way down to Positano ( try not to miss it, if you do you will have to walk along the paved road all the way down, which is a longer and less scenic route )
The stair path down to Positano is surely one of the highlights of this daily path because of the amazing scenery on Postiano and its bay
To round things up, This is a PERFECT way to have a "taste" of what the Amalfi coast is all about, truly a must!

Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Do the dingly dell walk!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This walk is everything it is cracked up to be. Outstanding views and a great day out. Go from Bomerano to Positano if you want but a more challenging variation is from Praiano via the Santa Maria Convent (the guardian can provide drinks and snacks for a donation) and picking up the main trail at Col de Serra (go all the way up to the Col and take the higher path, not the lower variation). If your knees can make it, it is then worth walking all the way down into Positano although opt outs are possible using local buses at Nocello or Montepertuso.

Auckland, New Zealand
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We walked from Praiano to Positano? Everyone talks about the 1,000 steps up to the church. Tjey were not too hard as the were fairly evenly spaced. The walks around the hillsides were spectacular with fresh figs and grapes to graze on as you went.

Orem, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved this hike!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hike was fantastic! We started in Bomerano and then when we reached nocelle we took the stairs down to positano. If you take the stairs, once you reach the bottom you will have to walk on the very narrow road to get to positano. It was a little nerve racking because I just wasn't expecting that. I guess there's a bus in nocelle that can take you to positano.

When you start the hike there is a tiny dirt turn off that winds up to a little bridge and that is actually where the hike starts. Luckily we ran into some nice Australians who had a great guide book or my friend and I might still lost in the mountains :-) Beautiful views the whole way. I highly recommend this hike...especially after eating gelato after lunch and dinner everyday :-)

It took us just a little over 3hrs but we also stopped a ton to take pics!

Visited July 2013