“Gorgeous food, great place.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish, Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Athlone, Ireland
“Gorgeous food, great place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

On the spur of the moment my boyfriend and I spent Paddy's day here with with another couple, and I was very glad we did. For one the place looked absolutely lovely. I loved the interior and the pictures on the wall. The red comfy leather seats and the big tables were so nice.

The food was really great. I had an amazing 8oc fillet steak that they brought out on a hot stone. I could have it cooked any way I wanted it. I would have liked for them to give me an extra plate with it because I like my steak rare and I would have liked to take my time with my food instead of trying to eat it before it was too well done.

The wine was very good and nicely warmed and they had those lovely really big wine glasses.

Then we all ordered the chocolate brownie for dessert and it was just divine. The brownie was soft and moist and warmed to just the right temperature. With vanilla ice cream and this caramel slice thing with it. So tasty.

Overall it was a great place to eat and great food and great service. The only issue was that we had to wait a good while for our food and it wasn't a busy night. It wasn't a big deal but it did make us wonder if they had forgotten us.

• Visited February 2013

Harrow, United Kingdom
“Superb in all ways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

After a long day with delayed flights, car hire issues and other stresses, we decided not to go far from our hotel for a meal. Rory's was the top of a short list of options. I don't think any of the reviews prepared us for how good it would be. Everything was excellent, the décor (cool B&W prints, comfy red leather chairs), the layout (not cramped but interestingly varied floor height) simple but varied menu, attentive and kindly staff and above all the quality of the food and its presentation. The stresses of the day melted away as we ate our way through the three courses. If I returned and stayed in central Dublin, I would make my way out to Rory's. The owner has every reason to be proud of his staff and all that they do

• Visited March 2013
dublin
“A really Happy Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was our first time to eat in Rorys and it will not be our last. We were celebrating a 40th birthday. The staff were so helpful as we has young people middle age and older people all different tastes.Everyone was over the moon with what they got .The mussels the steaks and the burgers,everything fresh and piping hot .A tip leave room for desert we all tried different ones to die for.Well done Rorys staff are a credit to the training they have been given. Keep up the good work we need more restaurant like this .Thank you all for a lovely evening.

• Visited February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Very Nice Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Finally somewhere to eat out in Clondalkin.

Lovely food, fantastic offers & value, great variety and overall nice atmosphere.

Burgers are generous and tasty. Steak on the stone looked good. Portions are big. Staff very friendly and attentive.

Will return regularly.

“Best restaurant in Clondalkin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Myself and my husband decided to try Rory's out, I wasn't even aware that there was a bistro in Clondalkin ,and I live in Clondalkin ! We were both very pleasantly surprised when we walked in, the decor is lovely , it's very cosy and the staff were very nice, we hadn't booked in advance but they were very accommodating. We both had starters, main and dessert and I have to say the food was absolutely gorgeous, we also had two bottles of wine and the bill was €98 euro. That's what I call value for money, we will definitely return again... Highly recommended.