“Place of peace” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Naxos Town
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Place of peace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was our first visit to the island of Naxos , so did not know what to expect ! We were met at the ferry port and were soon on our way to the hotel upon arrival we wondered if we had done the right thing as the hotel seemed to be in a back street . We were so surprised at the interior of hotel though as the room was of a court yard which was open to the sky ! With palm trees growing up and trough it , and the chatter and song of bird , like some of the best 4 & 5 star hotels I have stayed in . The room was clean ! Very clean , but the bathroom was amazing for this little hotel has excelled it's self in this way . Breakfast was nice the normal choice of meats cheeses etc , there is also a bar in the hotel which non of our fellow guests seem to use ! Miguel the Labrador was always there to meet you , weather he was asleep prior to your entrance or doing his paper work ( ie chewing & tearing up paper he had pinched of the reception ) he would come over to great you with his tail wagging . This hotel is good in every way if you have come to chillax it is close enough but yet far enough away to be a haven of peace , you really don't need to leave it as it has a modest but again very clean pool , drinks from the afore mentioned bar , all you need to do is go out for dinner in one of the many restaurants that in the port & town just a 10 min walk away

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
stockton on tees
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The good impressions of this hotel began before I even arrived as last minute changes to flight times involved amending my arrival date at very short notice.All of my correspondance was dealt with promply and very efficiently by Stavros who is the son of the owner.Consequently I arrived earlier than planned and stayed for sixteen nights.
I was met at the port by the owner Maria who is a very friendly,charming and hard working lady and driven to the hotel.Despite having visited Naxos many times,I was not sure of the hotel's location but arrived to find it is situated in a quiet residential area just off the main road to Halki and Filoti.
The hotel is well maintained with a freshly painted exterior,a very lovely garden and nice swimming pool with plenty of comfortable loungers.
I was given Room 32 on the first floor with panoramic views from the balcony across town towards Hora, Grotta and in the distance Paros and Anti Paros.The room was nicely equipped and decorated with a comfy bed, a decent sized fridge and pleny of hangers in the wardrobe area.There was a tv with several overseas channels including French,German,Italian and BBC World.There was also the German Eurosport channel so plenty to watch.The bathroom was excellent,after 20 years of travelling in Greece,this was the best I have encountered with a proper shower cubicle so no flooding and a choice of rain or normal shower heads.The room and the hotel in general were kept very clean and tidy.
Breakfast was available between 8.15 and 10.30 and was a buffet type which could be taken in the comfortable breakfast room or,my choice,outside near the pool.There was a good choice of savoury and sweet items including cheeses,meats,yoghurt,cakes,fresh and tinned fruit plus one hot dish.I was always well set up for the day after my breakfast.
There is a small gym on the lower floor which has enough equipment for a decent workout I did go most days in an effort to counter the amount of breakfast I was eating !.There is also a sauna and jacuzzi but I did not use either,I believe use of these is an extra charge.

To reach the seafront took around 15 minutes strolling and there are several varied and interesting ways to get there although the most straighforward is to walk the couple of minutes to the main road,turn right and follow it all the way to the front.The town beach of Aghios Georgios is also about 10-15 minutes,again with a few different routes.If you want to head out of town,there are bus stops to for the beaches and the interior within 5 minutes walk either side of the little park off the main road.The best place to buy bus tickets ,which are required before boarding, is the supermarket close to the playground in the above mentioned park.
I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay,I liked the location,the facilities and the staff who were friendly and helpful at all times.For what the hotel offers and for the price paid,I consider the Anatoli to be the best value of any of the many establishments at which I have stayed during my 20 years of travelling in Greece.I was even taken to the port by Maria on the day I left despite my departure time coinciding with breakfast.It was an extremely nice touch to end my stay.
Were I ever to visit Naxos again,I would head straight back to the Anotoli

Room Tip: try and get a room with a view to the sea and the Hora,rooms 32 and 33 are good for this
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'm now at the Anatoli for the second year in a row with a study abroad group, and I'm bringing a group of non-students back here later this summer. The staff is constantly cleaning--even when there's no dirt or mess to deal with. The bathrooms, especially the showers, are the best I've ever encountered in Greece and among the best I've found anywhere in the world. The breakfast is good, featuring a big bowl of Nutella for those who like a bit of sweet in the morning. Just a 10-minute walk from the center of Hora (the port town) the location is ideal--quiet but close to shopping and dining. I highly recommend the Anatoli.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We spent 4 nights at Anatoli this week and had the best experience. The price was unbelievable for the value. Everyone that works at the hotel makes you feel like family, especially Maria and the cutest yellow lab Miguel. The breakfast was the best we've had on our trip.

The rooms are very clean and the bathrooms are nicer than any 5 star hotel I've seen. The pool area is great and so clean.

I fell in love with Naxos, mostly because of our stay in this hotel. We will come back and stay here for sure!!

• Stayed May 2013
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend in the end of September. Nice clean and quiet hotel, with friendly staff. Value for money ratio is excellent. Pool is nice. Breakfast buffet was well prepared and presented. Rooms are modern and as said before clean. Next time in Naxos I will visit it again. :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
perth,australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in october. We loved it. We were picked up from the port on time. The owner was very friendly. The location was perfect just a short walk to the main port area. It felt just like home! The rooms were a little on the small side but were very clean snd had a nice balcony. They also offer to have your laundry done and delivered on the same day. Breakfast was nice and simple consisting of bread yoghurt feta cheese olives cereals etc. Her recommendations for things to do, coffee shops
Etc were good. All in all it was a pleasant stay and we would definitly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

nice hotel, not far from the city, around 10 minutes walk, great hospitality, excellent large rooms, very good breakfast with best olives and good coffee :) bathroom first class, quiet area, very friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Anatoli Hotel? Share your experiences!