“Most Memorable Mussels Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Columbus
“Most Memorable Mussels Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This friendly restaurant, of which there are quite a few in the town of Chora, Naxos, has the most fantastic, giant mussels of any that I've sampled including the south island of New Zealand. Those are also excellent but different for they are green lip mussels. Being that New Zealand is a long trip for this Ohioan, Su e Giu is closer, delightful, and right down on the waterfront on one of my most favorite Greek islands. The garlic-laden broth demanded bread for sopping up every last tablespoon, but a spoon was helpful also in order to share the treat with my family. Every mussel was open and fresh, and although the portion was super sized, I managed to eat every last morsel! The pizzas are good and very large, and we enjoyed the refreshing ice cream to top off a perfect lunch.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Amsterdam
“Vero Italiano!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have been here twice during our stay in Naxos. Their menu card is quite extensive, which made it possible to have completely other dishes the second time. Both times it was really good! They have nice pasta, great pizza, delicious salads and starters. Everything is real Italian and freshly prepared, which is of course due to the friendly owner Susanna. Last but not least: they have a very nice Italian wine card, in any price you can find your favorite! Our compliments, we have really enjoyed it here!

Bern Mittelland District, Switzerland
“Best Pizza in the whole world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

For 8 euros you get a huuuuuuuuuge megatasty pizza which you will never be able to eat by yourself! In this case waiters offer you to pack the rests and take them with you. If you are a pizza lover this place is just for you!

Visited July 2014
Sudbury, Canada
“2 nights in a row!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We loved it so much the first night that we went back because there was more we wanted to try. It does get very busy so go early or make a reservation. And it can seem hectic with a different server bringing you each plate but I loved it. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The Sangria ( which is more like a mulled wine for us Canadians) is delicious with cinnamon and oranges. As for someone stating they had to wait for their bill, we've been travelling Greece for 2 weeks and this is their culture. We were confused at first because they bill you immediately and after each item you order. But when you've finished eating, they don't rush you to pay as they do in North America. They let you sit and enjoy your wine at your own pace which I think is nice. When you're ready to leave just ask to pay. We have a few more nights in Naxos and we'll definitely be going back before we leave. And the prices are amazing!

“Squid Ink Seafood Pasta!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had a delicious squid ink seafood pasta... one of the best I've ever had finished it off with a nice tiramisu. Maybe stay away from the pizza though. I didn't believe my wife when she said it was bad.. I took a bite and it was indeed bad. Very doughy, to the point where it seemed wet. The pizza is the only reason I cant give this an "excellent" rating. If you go here, stick with pasta or a meat dish.

Visited July 2014