“Excellent setting, average food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent setting, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

In summary, this is a gorgeous setting on the beach to watch the sunset and worth a visit but the food was only average. We had a mixed grill and souvlaki and it did the job but nothing to write home about!

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Oslo
“13 years of visits to this place and I love it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

the fresh vegetables are special here. the grill in the evening, but ask for recommedations or go and look at the meat/fish before choosing. the special place under the tree on the beach. I do not come her much for evening dinner, only on maybe 10-15 occasions over the years. The best evening times has been when they have had a wedding and we have been invited to join in. But the early evening when returning from the cliffs on Plaka is my time in Paradiso. Mithos and olives or Ouzo and Saganaki. Something small in any case while watching the light changing to that perpect bluish and it is the quiet time between lunch and dinner. Sometimes stay for the sunset down, complete in swimming gear while the earlies dinner people already have arrived freshly showered! Service can be wonderful or really bad, it all depends. Take it in your stride!

Visited June 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
“Great restaurant in Plaka”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

When you go to Plaka beach, this is the restaurant to lunch. The food and service is good. We lunched there many times. Will go again.Recommended.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athens
“The ultimate feeling of holidays!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

In my mind having dinner on a table set right on the sand, with good seafood, less than 15 meters from the sea, overlooking the sunset behind the hills of Paros creates the ultimate feeling of holidays on a Greek island. If on top of this you add the relaxed atmosphere and reasonable prices of this restaurant, you seriously cannot go much wrong to be honest. OK, the food is not something you can’t find anywhere else on the island but it still good and the combination of all these parameters provided us with a wonderful experiences both times we visited the place.
Taverna Paradiso or Ταβέρνα ο Παράδεισος in Greek is situated on the beach of Maragas between Plaka and Agia Anna. And when I am saying on the beach, I mean right on the beach since our feet were in the sand during our dinner. The location is just perfect especially if you get there during the sunset since you can enjoy a wonderful sight with the sun setting behind the hills of Paros. The restaurant had quite a few tables both on the beach and on the other side of the road on the main tavern and we had absolutely no problem in getting nice tables in both times we visited the place. Just mentioning that when the sun sets it can be rather dark for the tables that are on the first line towards the sea and although we had absolutely no problem with that a couple next to us raised this point to the waiter who brought them a nice candle seriously improving the romantic mood!
The service was very efficient during both times. We quickly chose our table, menus were provided promptly and the waiter that took our order was happy to answer any questions. On the second time that we had fish, they took us inside to choose the fish and weight it as it usually happens in Greek restaurants (although I always wonder how people are sure they got the fish they have chosen but still this is a different question). There was a small mishap with them forgetting one dish and when I reminded them of it they brought it although they charged it again. When the bill came though, they had removed the double charge on their own.
The menu doesn’t allow for many surprises since we are talking about a rather simple tavern offering the usual assortment of sea food, larger fish, grilled meat and some slow cooked food like pastitsio (the greek equivalent of lasagna), gemista (vegetables stuffed with rice) and other. In the first time we ordered the naxiotiki salad (EUR 5.20) (Greek Salad with capers but instead of feta they used the Naxian ksynomizithra, a soft white cheese), saganaki (EUR 5.50) (fried cheese), tzatziki (EUR 3.50) (I am sure I don’t need to explain!) maridaki (EUR 8.00) (small fried fish), fried squid (EUR 8.50), and kleftiko (EUR 11.50) (lamb baked in a paper envelope with vegetables and potatoes). For drinks we had a quarter of their roze house wine and cokes. If I had the choice to exclude someone, I wouldn’t get the kleftiko again. The meat felt a bit fatty and my wife that usually has no problem with the smell of lamb, she told me that she could really feel the smell. We enjoyed everything else without having something that rocked our world and the total bill came at EUR 48.80. During the second time, the only notable exception was the fact that we had some larger fish (dorado at I think around EUR 40 per kilo), which tasted really nice. At the end of our meal, the waiter offered us some water melon and despite the fact that she admitted that it was not really good (well, it happens with water melon!) it was a good gesture.
To conclude we were very satisfied with our dinner both times and I would seriously recommend this place since as mentioned earlier you really feel that you are on vacation. The food is nothing exceptional but we had absolutely no complaints and the great feel of the place left us with a positive aftertaste.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great service, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Ate here for lunch one day while were we spending the day at Plaka. The staff was extremely friendly and we had excellent service. We ordered the calamari, which was just average, and a salad that was good, but nothing super special. The one thing I would highly recommend was the egglplant salad- it was really good and we ended up dipping the calamari in it (which really improved the calamari).

I thought the price was normal for Naxos, nice atmosphere. We were trying to decide weather to go to Meze2 or Paradiso and since we had eating at Meze2 in Naxos Town, we choose Paradiso. Afterwards, I kinda wished we would have eaten at Meze2.

• Visited September 2013