“Great first stop on our German road trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Kranenturm

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bacharach
Hotel Kranenturm
You added Hotel Kranenturm to your Saves list
Langstrasse 30 | D-55422 Bacharach, Bacharach, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bacharach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great first stop on our German road trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was our first stop in Germany after my husband and I landed in Frankfurt. We arrived around 10 and were unable to check in, but they happily stored our bags for us.  We had a king sized bed that was comfortable. The room was clean and for a European hotel, large. The owners have added some nice touches that Americans expect in their hotel rooms such as a hair dryer and personal care items. The shower was fairly new and again, large for a European hotel.  It also had a small refrigerator that served as a mini-bar, but we used it to keep our water cold.  The free wifi was appreciated and reliable. Breakfast was also included and was very nice with warm bread and cooked to order eggs. We also really liked the location of this hotel. It was very near the street parking and also close to the restaurants and souvenir shops in the main part of town.  It is close to a train track and we had requested a quiet room in the back of the hotel, but I don't think that was even necessary-the room seemed very quiet to us.

Room Tip: The train tracks are very close, so if a light sleeper, ask for a room on the other side of the hote...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night and of course had to eat at the restaurant. The meal was our favorite out of the all the meals we had during our time in Germany during this visit. After eating an appetizer, two entree's and ordering adult beverages, we were pleasantly surprised about the total bill.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I planned a last minute trip to the Rheinland and had a wonderful time. Fatima and her staff were so helpful and kind. Our room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was delicious! Within the first few minutes of meeting Fatima, she made me feel like I had known her for years. Booking the hotel was easy and quick. We would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Fatima and Kurt's quaint hotel in June this summer while I traveled through Europe on my own. My grandparents, parents, aunts, and uncles all stayed there about 9 years ago and recommended I do the same. Glad I did! Fatima's warm welcome was very much appreciated. Her friendly spirit made me feel at home right away. On my first night there, most of the guests gathered in the dinning room after dinner to watch a Euro Cup game, enjoying drinks and dessert. My relaxing, clean room overlooked the Rhine (ah! I want to go back now). The train runs right beside the hotel. Once I closed the windows, the sound was muffled, and I truly didn't notice the noise during my two-night stay. Breakfast and dinner were equally delicious and filling. Fatima suggested I take a river cruise to St. Goar, which was easy and absolutely gorgeous. I appreciated her interest in my stay being a fabulous one. She sent me on my way to Rothenburg ob der Tauber with yogurt, chocolate, and fresh rolls after I enjoyed a homemade feast. Rick Steves had it right! This experience was one of my favorites during my summer travels. If I ever have the opportunity to go back, I will definitely stay at Hotel Kranenturm again. Until then, I advise you do!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our three night stay in Bacharach at the Krananenturn was wonderful! The room on the fourth floor in the tower was so special. This historic setting provided a great launch for our daily exploring. Our hostess Fatima was very friendly and attended to our every need. The breakfasts were delicious and it was very pleasant sitting on the veranda in the afternoons and evenings. Fatima helped facilitate our daily itenerary with great suggestions of places to see and visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We are an Italian couple and we stayed for 3 days in Bacharach to breath good air and recharge the energy and we came home very satisfied from our stay at Hotel Kranenturm.

The owners Fatima and Kurt were very kind and made for us a pleasant stay!!
We felt like at home for the hospitality especially Fatima created a nice atmosphere for all this period and also an unforgettable Birthday Party for my husband.
The room was very comfortable, quite, and clean, and a few trains didn’t disturb us. So that, we slept very well.
Almost all the rooms are in Medieval Stile , well cared, like the whole building as well.
The breakfast was great with fresh fruits , cereals and omlette with sausages or bacon.
At dinner there was also fresh fish and the famous "sauerbraten" (a meat dish).

We will return at Hotel Kranenturm by sure!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bacharach, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our 4th visit to Bacharach, our first staying at the Kranenturm but not the first time eating here. Our room was lovely, felt like we were staying in fairytale castle, very romantic which was good as it was for our wedding anniversary. Fatima was as always a fantastic hostess and Kurts food, as always excellent. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Kranenturm? Share your experiences!