Aromas World - Specialty Coffees & Gourmet Bakery
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast
Newport News, VA
“I'm a Regular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Been going to Aromas for years, It's a super relaxing atmosphere and a great place to sit and have a good cup of coffee with a friend and chit chat. I love their specialty coffee's, they really get creative and I always have to check out then "The drink of the week". The staff is nice and i've never encountered anyone that has been rude.

Unfortunately the only thing I don't like much are the prices for their food, I think the food is average but over priced. Their desserts are amazing and don't mind paying extra for those though haha. The only one that I was very disappointed in was their Tiramisu :( It was not good at all. But everything else dessert wise has been pretty good.

I know I will continue to be a loyal customer for many more years to come :)

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Frederick, Maryland
“Wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

What a fun place. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Baked goods are phenomenal. I had tea so can not comment on the coffee but there were plenty of blends to choose from. Highly recommend!

Visited May 2014
Austin, Texas
“Not So Friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Maybe I am tainted from living in Austin, Texas where people in coffee shops are super friendly and welcoming. While staying at the Marriott I walked over to do a little work on my laptop and enjoy a coffee among "the locals". Very nice appearance to Aromas and the coffee aroma was awesome. Got to the counter and said "good morning" to which I was responded with a flat and unenthusiastic "what can I get you". I ordered an Americano and paid. Waited next to the barista station for what seemed to be a long period of no activity before being served. I thanked the barista, to which I was responded to with a blank stare. OK, so maybe they don't like "foreigners"? Credit them the quality of coffee as it was pleasant if not spectacular. Aromas has potential, but I would suggest a little more "friendly customer service" might go a very long way in ensuring success.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hartford City, Indiana
“Nice little surpise...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stopped here for lunch during a business trip and was surprised to see that they had a lot of choices for food and not just coffee and drinks.

Reasonable prices, great location, and nice setting across from the fountains...

Great place to relax and read while sipping some coffee or having a little lunch.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Morning tea.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stopped in for my morning tea while my husband had a business breakfast. Strawberry daiquiri tea was good. Really enjoyed it three years ago when they had chocolate cherry tea. ;-)

Visited December 2013