“This Ruby Tuesday's should be a template for customer service in the resturant industry” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ruby Tuesday - CLOSED

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Portsmouth, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

My lady and I arrived at this Ruby Tuesdays and were greeted immediately by the hostess. We were seated and catered to right away. One of their drinks was Sangria, and my taste for it is more on the dry side than the sweet one. The bartender came to the table and I explained my sangria taste, and she made an awesome drink, minus the sugarier substances.
I had the crab omelet, which was a marvelous experience to consume. The portion was healthy and delicious. My lady had something with crapes. I don't remember the name exactly, but I know it tasted good because I had some.
I will be visiting this establishment again. They know how I like my Sangria. They seem to set the standard in customer service.
Enjoy...it won't be disappointing.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tidewater, VA
“A Wonderful spot for a birthday.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

My wife and I dropped in for my birthday dinner. I had the Asian Salmon Salad, and she had the Steak & Lobster Mac & Cheese. Bot h dishes were very well done and the service was equally great. Yajaira was doing double duty tonight as both a server and tending bar, and doing a very good job at both. The manager was attentive but not overbearing as we have found at some establishments. I would recommend this location to anybody looking for either a good meal or a location for light business.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newport News, VA
“Acceptable food and service, not high class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

Ruby Tuesday has been putting a "buy one/get one free (up to $10)" coupon in the newspaper about monthly, and the spouse and I have been using them for several months. The restaurant is a little difficult to get into because of the lousy traffic pattern in the parking lot. I'm handicapped and have always found a parking place at the door. We go on weeknights (not weekends) and there has never been a wait to be seated. The wait staff has always been near enough that we could get something within a couple of minutes. This is a sports bar kind of place, with TV sets everywhere, bare table, paper napkins (as opposed to real linen on the table and cloth napkins, which I would prefer greatly). There's a salad buffet which is to die for, and you can heap up a full meal right there if that's what you want. I've pretty much settled for a $13.95 petite steak (I have no need for a pound of anything) which has always been excellent; I don't like a lot of broccoli so I get portobello mushrooms instead, and mashed potatos (also surprisingly tasty). You have to ask for more napkins, bread and stuff, but it is brought quickly. I generally eat about half of the meal and take the rest home (salad, too!)

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere