“Not much” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 366 Restaurants in Newport News
Smithfield, Virginia
“Not much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Use to live near this restaurant and would not recommend it. The food is not prepared well and tastes greasy. The place is dirty and the bathroom is old and dirty. This place needs updating and someone that can cook.

Newport News, Virginia
“Lacking Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Have been going to Monty's for several years now. However, will no longer go there. Sent my son over to pick up lunch and when he got home, one of the burgers had no meat! I drove over and brought the meatless burger showing them there was no grease or anything and simply requested the meat. Had to wait a while as she sifted through receipts (as if I was lying) then they had to wait even longer when she reluctantly cooked up a burger for me. I asked if perhaps I could get a new fry since the one I left behind at home would be cold by the time I returned and the manger said "it was an honest mistake, sorry, you will have to pay for the fries." Considering I wasted my time and gas one would think they could do something to make it up...but nope, nothing.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newport News, Virginia
“Greasy Spoon!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My daughter (9) and I tried this place thinking it looked fun with the big penguin outside! The restaurant at the time was full of smoke and smelt like a deep fat fryer. I got a soda,but my daughter tried a Hamburger and fries. Yuk! Very greasy...never again.

Newport News
“Nice but not wow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Not much change. The build is lacking and looks un-cleaned not to mention the bathrooms. The food does taste good, but looking at the state of how the place is kept it leaves one wondering what the state of their grill is in.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
newport news, va
“Childhood Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

I have been going to Monty's since I was a child. It's a great, old fashioned kind of restaurant. The menu is full of classics, no frills and meals for under $5. My favorite is the hot twin burger, hamburger bun, hamburger, gravy, onions and mash potatoes...enough to share! Save room for ice cream.